Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone adjusted their headlight beam on their dart? How do you do it, and is it accessible from the panel in the wheel well?
Has anyone taken pictures?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I had seen that but didn't understand what he was talking about. Granted, I only ever looked at night. I just went out there today and found them, wow its so easy! I took some pictures but am having trouble uploading them. I'll load em up today tho if I remember

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the Dart,

STANDARD PROCEDURE - LAMP ALIGNMENT
VEHICLE PREPARATION FOR LAMP ALIGNMENT
1. Check for and correct any burnt out bulbs.
2. Repair or replace any ineffective, worn or damaged body or suspension components that could hinder proper lamp
alignment.
3. Verify the proper tire inflation pressures.
4. Remove any accumulations of mud, snow or ice from the vehicle underbody and clean the front lamp lenses.
5. Verify that there is no load in the vehicle (cargo or passengers), except for the driver.
6. The fuel tank should be FULL. Add 2.94 kilograms (6.5 pounds) of weight over the fuel tank for each estimated
gallon of missing fuel.
7. Verify the correct vehicle suspension height.
NOTE: Due to the linear nature of the headlamp cutoff, a properly aimed low beam headlamp will project the top
edge of the high intensity pattern on the alignment screen just below the horizontal line to 50 millimeters
(2 inches) below the horizontal line for domestic market vehicles. No horizontal (right/left) adjustment is
required for this headlamp beam pattern in domestic market vehicles. The high beam pattern will be correct
when the low beams are properly aimed.

Turn the headlamps ON and select the LOW beams.
NOTE: On Chrysler models, a screwdriver is
inserted through a guide loop molded
into the back of the front lamp unit
housing to assist in directing the
screwdriver blade to the adjustment
screw.
2. Use a screwdriver to rotate the headlamp vertical
adjustment screw (2) on each front lamp unit (1) to
adjust the beam height as required.
Chrysler
1. Turn the headlamps ON and select the LOW beams.
NOTE: On Chrysler models, a screwdriver is
inserted through a guide loop molded
into the back of the front lamp unit
housing to assist in directing the
screwdriver blade to the adjustment
screw.
2. Use a screwdriver to rotate the headlamp vertical
adjustment screw (2) on each front lamp unit (1) to
adjust the beam height as required.
View attachment 5-PF Headlamp Alignment.bmp View attachment headlight2.bmp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the FOG LAMP Alignment procedures if needed:
NOTE: A properly aimed front fog lamp will project a pattern on the alignment screen 100 millimeters (4 inches)
below the fog lamp centerline and straight ahead of the lamp for domestic market vehicles
1. Turn the fog lamps ON.
2. Insert a screwdriver through the clearance hole in the
underside of the front fascia (3) closure panel below
each fog lamp (2) to rotate the vertical adjustment
screw (1) on each lamp to adjust the beam height as
required.
View attachment foglamp.bmp

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks, I had seen that but didn't understand what he was talking about. Granted, I only ever looked at night. I just went out there today and found them, wow its so easy! I took some pictures but am having trouble uploading them. I'll load em up today tho if I remember

Do you have to remove any plastic covers for this? or just the rubber caps?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No man, just pop the hood and look at the fender above the rear of the headlights, just like in my picture

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
I raised my headlights by turning the allen slot 1.5 turns counterclockwise. I learned riding BMW motorcycles for 20 years that it is more important to see far ahead at night than to worry about the other people who shouldn't be on my road anyway. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put LED lights in mine. But I’ve noticed that my driver light needs to be turned outward. Is there a way to such thing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts