Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone put a fiat engine in my 2013 dodge dar I have a ground wire that is snapped and brittle and I do not know where it goes

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
You need to find a 2013 with the 1.4 at a self serve you pull type junkyard. Hopefully it's unmolested and you can pull that harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to find a 2013 with the 1.4 at a self serve you pull type junkyard. Hopefully it's unmolested and you can pull that harness.
I have the secondary harness that came with this engine. yes i forgot to mention that i did an engine swap. it was during removal of the original 1.4 that the engine and transmission fell forward. it could have happened then. also the second engine, lets call it current engine,is out of a 2015 fiat instead of a dart. i think i am close to starting the current engine but have a few small kinks to work out.Hopefully my ?s can be answered.im using my original harness because some of the fiat connectors didnt jyve but at the same time im having trouble matching plugs and wire colors to what you refer to in other posts.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Depending on the connectors and pinouts, you need to decide if you are going to swap the sensor from your old engine or if you are going to swap the connector. Either way should work. Go to the Mopar connector site:
The pinouts and wire colors there should help.

If you swap a connector, do it correctly by soldering and using adhesive lined heat shrink tubing. See these links:
Electrical Connector "how to" - neons.org connectors and wiring
98, 99 Engine Harness in an Early 96 SOHC - neons.org solder

This is the Mopar version:
I tried to find those crimp clips but they seem to be only available from Mopar. Use the wire strand wrap method from the neons.org link.

I hope your Dart doesn't have the DDCT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts