Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I took my Mirror apart to see If I could get to the plug to Hard wire my Radar Detector. Actually pretty easy.

This is with the Bluetooth Mirror
The Plastic cover over the stem just splits apart.

Then you will see the plug.

mirror1 (Medium).JPG

Pull the plug apart as seen in the picture and use a Quick connect wire you can get here:

http://www.safe-n-sound1.com/Beltronics%20Direct%20Cord%20Hidden%20Mirror.html

You put the positive wire in the Pink/Yellow and the ground wire in the

Black/Green Wire. Just slide in the connectors where the wires go in to plug.

mirror2 (Medium).JPG

I tucked the wires and fuse up into the headliner and left enough to plug into detector. Makes a clean stealth Install.

003.JPG

004.JPG

Will power up when you turn on key.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sweet deal. Thanks for info

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,444 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What are you using to stick the detector to the Windshield? Straight suction cups don't stick to the black stuff.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3M double sided Tape. Once there it will stay there. Just took the suction cups off my mount

·
Registered
211 Posts
What kind of connector did you use to slide into plug. I tried sliding the wire in without a pin or connector and it won't stay in

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of connector did you use to slide into plug. I tried sliding the wire in without a pin or connector and it won't stay in
If you used the safe and sound set up I had listed I just slid the wires on that into the back of the plug. Then take a couple of the small zip ties they give you and zip tie it to the wire harness to the plug so it can't move in and out. You can also try bending the tip of the wire to make it tighter.
It seemed like a pretty tight fit when I slid mine in. (that's what she said....lol)

Make sure you are sliding the "safe and sound" wires into the BACK of the plug.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm sorry. I didn't see the link. I just ordered one. Thanks

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, doing a modified version of this today. Were you able to plug the mirror back in with the radar detector installed?
Yes everything goes back together perfect

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
@roadrnnr do you think this could be used to power a tablet? currently I run a cable that plugs into the obd2 and has a splitter (I also plug in an obd2 scanner) up thru the pillar so it can charge my tablet

if this would work for my tablet, i could eliminate the obd2 splitter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts