Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month or so ago my uconnect quick working today was the first the first day that I have been able to work and mess around with trying to fix it. I removed the panel to access the interior fuzz box and removed the F36 fuzz for about 5 mins and reinstalled the fuzz this didn't correct the problem. I then call the uConnect customer service and completed a soft reset of the uConnect system by having the car running with all doors closed and pressing and holding both the phone button on the touch screen and the phone button on the steering wheel for 30 secs. After that turned the vehicle off for 15 secs the finally opening the drivers door, and leaving it open for 30 secs. After that turning the vehicle back on and attempting to reconnect the phone. Customer service then stated since the soft reset didn't work that I would have to complete a hard reset of the system. I'm also unable to go to the Phone/Bluetooth settings from the settings menu on the touch screen. I was wondering if anyone knew the hard reset process so I could attempt it from home before having Dodge look at it. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
About a month or so ago my uconnect quick working today was the first the first day that I have been able to work and mess around with trying to fix it. I removed the panel to access the interior fuzz box and removed the F36 fuzz for about 5 mins and reinstalled the fuzz this didn't correct the problem. I then call the uConnect customer service and completed a soft reset of the uConnect system by having the car running with all doors closed and pressing and holding both the phone button on the touch screen and the phone button on the steering wheel for 30 secs. After that turned the vehicle off for 15 secs the finally opening the drivers door, and leaving it open for 30 secs. After that turning the vehicle back on and attempting to reconnect the phone. Customer service then stated since the soft reset didn't work that I would have to complete a hard reset of the system. I'm also unable to go to the Phone/Bluetooth settings from the settings menu on the touch screen. I was wondering if anyone knew the hard reset process so I could attempt it from home before having Dodge look at it. Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure you can do a hardware reset of this unit. You say it quit working, but what do you mean by that? Obviously it isn't completely dead, or you wouldn't be able to do a software reset.

·
Registered
299 Posts
There is a video on YouTube for how to access secret manufacturer settings I believe you hold the blue and red arrow on the account controls for 5 sec

·
Registered
85 Posts
To me it sounds like the Bluetooth module went out. Mine would not connect to my phone and I could not go to the screen to add phone, if I disconnected the battery it would connect but would go out. So they had to replace the Bluetooth module and it has been fine since.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure you can do a hardware reset of this unit. You say it quit working, but what do you mean by that? Obviously it isn't completely dead, or you wouldn't be able to do a software reset.
By quite working I mean, my phone no longer connects to the system and I am unable to use the voice commands as well. Also when I go to the settings tab on the touch screen and page down to the Phone/Bluetooth sub folder, when I touch on it, it beeps like it was selected but nothing happens. This is the only options that acts that way when I am in the settings menu of the touch screen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holding the up and down arrows along with the front defog (maybe the rear defog) gets you into the dealer mode menu.
Are we talking about the up/down arrows for the temp settings?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the vide I found on youtube, it should give you options to let you reset the unit.

I will give it a shot and let you know how it works out for me, thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
To me it sounds like the Bluetooth module went out. Mine would not connect to my phone and I could not go to the screen to add phone, if I disconnected the battery it would connect but would go out. So they had to replace the Bluetooth module and it has been fine since.
X2. Dealer replaced mine under warranty. I got lucky because i was a couple hundred over the 36k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What phone do you use? I have posted about all the bluetooth issues and screen issues I have had since I've owned my Dart. After all the modules, screen replacement I still have the issues and the idiots at Chrysler I have talked to, they say the Version 8.0.2 update on my iPhone5 isn't compatible.. They "JUST" told me this after dealing with the issue and them being contacted numerous times.. Got a lawyer to help me Lemon Law the car. 4 times and the refused to do anything more unless they saw it. Changing their tune now.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
What phone do you use? I have posted about all the bluetooth issues and screen issues I have had since I've owned my Dart. After all the modules, screen replacement I still have the issues and the idiots at Chrysler I have talked to, they say the Version 8.0.2 update on my iPhone5 isn't compatible.. They "JUST" told me this after dealing with the issue and them being contacted numerous times.. Got a lawyer to help me Lemon Law the car. 4 times and the refused to do anything more unless they saw it. Changing their tune now.
@ctown69 -

Just an FYI ...

My iPhone 5s is currently running iOS 8.3 (the latest update from Apple) ... and I have zero (0) Bluetooth connectivity issues with my 2013 Dodge Dart Limited's 8.4N Uconnect system.

I somewhat remember that (last October) when I updated our iProducts from iOS 7.x to iOS 8.0.x, I had to delete all devices from my Uconnect system ... and pair them up again before they would consistently connect via Bluetooth.

Note also that when I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.x, I encountered some iPod (music library) "Browse List" issues due to the fact that iOS 8.x includes songs stored in your iCloud (regardless whether using a WiFi or a Celluar network connection) ... I tried many different solutions (including the toggling of "Airplane Mode") ... but what worked best for me was to turn OFF the "SHOW ALL" option for both "Music" & "Videos":

iOS 8 Uconnect settings.PNG

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have only owned it just over a year, original owner and still under warranty, and I have had it in many times since I bought it. They have taken the phone out of the Uconnect MANY times and paired it many times as well, Having screen black out issues as well. A woman from Chrysler said it's my phones update and I could have electrical issues, makes me have doubts that they have a clue what they are doing. I have 9800 miles on it. Yes, in Michigan I am covered under the Lemon Law. 4 or more times in the shop with same issues and nothing being resolved. They waited this long to tell me that the system "STAR" doesn't yet have that update in it, or the new one for the iPhone 6..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I and the Galaxy S5 and have never had any problems with the pairing until all voice recognizing went out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The bluetooth on my Dart stop functioning just recently. It would not connect my phone and I could not go into the menu settings for the bluetooth/phone on Uconnect system. I am still under warranty for my 2013 Dart SXT so I took it in to the dealer. They did the update but that did not fix the issue. They ordered the part and it came in yesterday. Got it replaced and now it's back to normal. Hope it lasts longer than a few years this time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
8 times in now (documented) and the 2nd new radio.... Owned for 22 months in 15 of them off and on, more than 15 times total....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will give it a shot and let you know how it works out for me, thanks.
This dealer-mode menu in the video doesn't look the same as the one in the 8.4N in the Darts. Has anyone figured out a way to do a hard-reset/restore all defaults yet?

The dealer mode (holding driver's up/down temp and front defog) and the hidden GPS menu (hidden by hitting the lower right corner of the GPS display while the Settings-->About is shown) do not not have a reset/restore default option.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This dealer-mode menu in the video doesn't look the same as the one in the 8.4N in the Darts. Has anyone figured out a way to do a hard-reset/restore all defaults yet?

The dealer mode (holding driver's up/down temp and front defog) and the hidden GPS menu (hidden by hitting the lower right corner of the GPS display while the Settings-->About is shown) do not not have a reset/restore default option.
I too am looking for a solution to hard reset/restore the UConnect as my navigation stopped working months ago (just endlessly sits on the Garmin load screen).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts