Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take this time before the crazy parties start this weekend to thank all of the active and retired military personnel that are part of our great .ORG!!!!

Thank you all for you dedication and service to this country, without you this country wouldnt be as great a place to live as it is! Your hard work and determination is greatly appreciated!

Everyone have a great weekend and be safe!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Okay so this is in no way meant to be rude, but as a veteran i believe i speak for most veterans when i say Memorial day isn't a time to thank vets. Memorial day is to remember those brothers and sisters we have lost. Veterans day is November 11 and that is the day for veterans specifically. Thanking vets is fine any day, but the ignorance about memorial i know is rather upsetting to many vets. Again not meant to be rude, just meant to be informative. Having many brothers and sisters that were close friends lost at war, i speak very openly about this often. So Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Lost, but NEVER Forgotten.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Okay so this is in no way meant to be rude, but as a veteran i believe i speak for most veterans when i say Memorial day isn't a time to thank vets. Memorial day is to remember those brothers and sisters we have lost. Veterans day is November 11 and that is the day for veterans specifically. Thanking vets is fine any day, but the ignorance about memorial i know is rather upsetting to many vets. Again not meant to be rude, just meant to be informative. Having many brothers and sisters that were close friends lost at war, i speak very openly about this often. So Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Lost, but NEVER Forgotten.
People who haven't served often do not make that connection like we do. Memorial day is for those who have been lost. Something not many people can fully comprehend. I take it more as a time to reflect on the good memories we shared and how many great people I have lost. People do not mean any harm, like I said, its hard to make that connection when you haven't felt it. Good on you for the correction though, and thank you OP for the thought behind what you said you obviously mean well. Just remember to have a beer, or a shot, for those that we have lost. We will get to meet them again one day. Not sure what it is you have to look forward to, but i have Fiddlers Green.
Tyson

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, for the misleading working guys! But still you guys deserve more than just one day! You protect this country and I am damn proud to live in the country with the best military on the planet!

So again let everyone thank all military personnel, past, currently severing, MIA, KIA, POW, and future military for their amazing service!

Sent from my HTC M9 using DodgeDart

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts