Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy Father's Day to all of you who are a Father or are a father figure in a person's life. Enjoy your day. I get to enjoy the day watching my 13 year old daughter and her AAU basketball team play in the playoff bracket in a tournament in Springfield, MA, the birthplace of basketball. If they make the finals later today, the game is at the Basketball Hall of Fame. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
We spent the weekend grilling, swimming, and drawing on the sidewalk with chalk. It was a good time. Now, my 2.5 year old daughter goes back to her school this morning. They previously had a week off for summer changeover. She was excited this morning to go.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
So what did y'all get for Fathers Day? :eek: Christmas in June !? I know it shouldn't be about material things.
Having said that, I had a nice Day. My older disabled son has been my "sidekick" now that I'm retired. He's actually tons of fun to hang with. At 37 , you wouldn't know he had some issues since his teen years with mental disorders. I thank God every day that I have survived to be able to help him and him me. My slightly younger son is a teacher and he and the girlfriend were off to Mexico for vac. But I got "The Call" - so all good.
A genuine chip-off-the old, that one is. But now that I think about it, they both are..... the older is quite lazy like pop!
Ooo Ooo! I got a new pair of trail sneakers (like I'm going on a trail....lol) and a BlueRay player to get my fav Kubrick movies in one value pak..... (BR is really cheap right now.... 4K UHD is the new profit item.)
So.... it's off to inspect the hidden clues in Kubrick movies that testify to his handling of the faked Moon Landing. Lotta Fun. Whole Lotta Fun.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
So what did y'all get for Fathers Day? :eek: Christmas in June !? I know it shouldn't be about material things.
Having said that, I had a nice Day. My older disabled son has been my "sidekick" now that I'm retired. He's actually tons of fun to hang with. At 37 , you wouldn't know he had some issues since his teen years with mental disorders. I thank God every day that I have survived to be able to help him and him me. My slightly younger son is a teacher and he and the girlfriend were off to Mexico for vac. But I got "The Call" - so all good.
A genuine chip-off-the old, that one is. But now that I think about it, they both are..... the older is quite lazy like pop!
Ooo Ooo! I got a new pair of trail sneakers (like I'm going on a trail....lol) and a BlueRay player to get my fav Kubrick movies in one value pak..... (BR is really cheap right now.... 4K UHD is the new profit item.)
So.... it's off to inspect the hidden clues in Kubrick movies that testify to his handling of the faked Moon Landing. Lotta Fun. Whole Lotta Fun.
Nothing this year, just good food in my belly! I'm not one for presents anyways, just hanging out with baby is good with me. She is so much fun at her age(2.5) right now, she loves everything and is learning at an exponential rate. She is also the female version of me, a trouble maker and thrill seeker haha.

I have been buying the Adidas "trail-runner" shoe since about 1996. They have made the same shoe but change the name every few years. I think now it is called Rockadia nowadays. The shoe fits good and feels good but they only last 1.5 yrs tops.

I'm not a fan of 4k. HD has already ruined TV/Movies for me. It's too detailed and it doesn't look like acting anymore. But it's good for picking out the details like you said. Good luck with your quest, lets us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 3 shelf cart to keep all of my car cleaning items nice & tidy in the garage (going to hang my Mopar sign from it) as well as a Tervis New York Islanders (Yes! Yes! Yes!) travel cup for my homemade Cold Brew. I know my 13 year old daughter gives input on these, but my 20 year old son attaches himself to whatever everyone else did.

Unfortunately, my daughter's AAU team got bounced in the playoffs Ina very close game. It was a great back and forth game, so hard to feel disappointed.

Also went to my favorite local Mexican place in Worcester. A very small place that I love. Did not realize that Mexico was playing against Germany in the World Cup at that time. Place was packed, and the atmosphere was electric. What a great group of Mexican fans all decked out in their El Tri kits and cheering and chanting.

After Mexico got the 1-0 win, music started playing and everyone was singing. The waitstaff then came out with trays of tequila shots and was serving them for free to each table to celebrate. It was a great experience. IMG_20180621_093729-01.jpeg IMG_20180621_094424-01.jpeg

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts