Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a sidewall blow out on the stock shoes on lightening, thank god it was around this time. I have an appointment set up at pep boys to get a set of Hankook V2s tomorrow. Though i did manage to get 45k miles out of the stocks. Any thoughts on the V2s that I am getting?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just saw this now. I can't speak to the V-2's but have had great experience on two different MOPAR products (Avenger and Sebring) with Hankook Optima 727's. I'm due for tires on my '14 SXT and will not replace them with the Continentals it came with. After 32K they're just about gone, and I'm always checking pressure and alignment. Very, very disappointed. Headed likely for 727's if I can find them (if they're made in the size) or it's off to Michelin Defender T&H. I'm interested in how your V-2's are performing.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Just saw this now. I can't speak to the V-2's but have had great experience on two different MOPAR products (Avenger and Sebring) with Hankook Optima 727's. I'm due for tires on my '14 SXT and will not replace them with the Continentals it came with. After 32K they're just about gone, and I'm always checking pressure and alignment. Very, very disappointed. Headed likely for 727's if I can find them (if they're made in the size) or it's off to Michelin Defender T&H. I'm interested in how your V-2's are performing.
I just replaced all four of my oem Goodyear Eagle LS2's on my '14 Avenger with Michelin Primacy MXM4 's. The Eagle's were lousy on wet roads and were way too easy to chirp pulling out even from brand new. And like all Goodyears I've ever had, they wound up wearing scalloped and very noisy by the mid 20K point. There was 4/32 left on them at 31K but became downright dangerous in the rain and the wumping noise became unbearable. They're putting the same Michelin's on certain new Challengers right now. Base models anyway. The Eagles were softer riding when they were new and they were good on dry summer roads. Other than those two features, they were typical Goodyears. Nice to look at. Horrible to own past 5K miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts