Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When gas on car tends to go left at 0-60mph. Then if I go off too fast does a little but fast and dangerous sometimes turn to right.

Happening after changing lca's, tie rods, end links, etc. SXT 2.4l

Can't keep spending on alignments won't fix this problem

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Why were all those parts replaced? What were the original symptoms?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds and a little bit of right turn on bumps, steering wheels sounds while parking, tending to turn right going straight, bad track at scratched pavement.

Thinking about going tomorrow at first hour to ask for loose lca bolts, Idk what other bolts need to be loose to see if they can get them tightened up with the wheels on ground as I found at one thread here..

I had seen few youtube vids replacing these parts but no mention about this.

At Action Gator Tires tried alignment twice with same result: factory components won't let it align 100% or maybe a motor, trans mount which I know it needs to be replaced (waiting for deyeme ones 😀)

Almost 130k miles 2016

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
There is a procedure for aligning the crossmember. Are they aligning the rear as well as the front? I have posted the correct alignment procedure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the alignment place, today, they say all values are good.. it might be the power steering rack and pinion

It is possible?

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Try another alignment place and show them the link.
Steering rack would give fault codes.

Reactions: sykozis

·
Registered
73 Posts
According to the alignment place, today, they say all values are good.. it might be the power steering rack and pinion

It is possible?
Stop trying to throw parts at the problem. You'll only make it more expensive.
Stop going to this supposed alignment place. Take the car to a Dodge dealer and ask them to align it. Most of these tire and alignment shops hire people that have no idea what they're doing, train them to mount tires or make adjustments, then set them loose on vehicles belonging to unsuspecting victims. The end result is a vehicle that is aligned so poorly that they end up tearing up tires and suspension components.

Have your struts ever been replaced? What about the rear shocks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That's what I'm planning to do. I'll ask for a date at chrysler/dodge dealer. As soon as I get answer from them I'll post it here.
Installed 3 mounts today.
Entire Struts-shocks were replace 2 months ago.

·
Registered
27 Posts
These cars are a pain to get back into alignment once you start changing crap. Good luck with Detroit axle.
If you don't get alignment right it'll never feel right. I do my own alignments. Plus, low transmission fluid simulates bad suspension/ driveline parts. Bad connectors to coils and plugs can cause similar shakes. Ect

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drop it at 09/15 and it's suppose to be ready tomorrow 09/21.. almost a week for a water pump change, repair some leaks, and alignment (according to them it was the torqued bolts). I will see tomorrow if problem have been solve.
More than 1.300$ 🥲

·
Registered
27 Posts
Drop it at 09/15 and it's suppose to be ready tomorrow 09/21.. almost a week for a water pump change, repair some leaks, and alignment (according to them it was the torqued bolts). I will see tomorrow if problem have been solve.
More than 1.300$ 🥲
ive seen that also. replacing bolts with new ones that have loctite on it, and proper torque is essential with the way these cars are setup
if you ever get aftermarket rim be sure tor get metal adapter rings for the center bore, plastic ones dont hold up, and no center ring will cause rims to twist and snap the bolts
hub centric rims like the stock ones are the best way to go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts