Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 dart 2.0 with the 6 speed manual does anyone else notice that it has next to no power on a hill even when dropping gears and does anyone know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No not really but I just did a fresh oil change and ran some seafoam hopefully it will help
I have never had any luck with Seafoam. I have used a product called B-12 that does provide fuel system cleaning that I've used in other engines. It works well and is about half the cost. I had a 2.0 with a 6 sp. I never had any trouble with hills. Previous post spoke of downshifting earlier to keep it in the power band. I never used any cleaner in my Dart. Most fuel has detergents thst clean injectors and the rest of the fuel system. Home many miles are on your Dart?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is Auto. Had same issues, But I found it can be a few things causing that. Fix any and all air leaks, no matter how small. And start looking for possible bad sensors. These cars are so finicky with the electronics, and have sensors everywhere. It most likely is something simple, but finding that something simple is that hard part.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2013 dart 2.0 with the 6 speed manual does anyone else notice that it has next to no power on a hill even when dropping gears and does anyone know how to fix this problem?
I used to own 2 Darts at the same time. Both had very low miles. One was a 2.0 6 speed like yours and the other was a 2.4 auto. I had the same problem with the 2.0 car as you are having. I have one steep hill on the road I live on that could only be approached at 45-50 mph. I would have to drop back to 4th gear most of the time and still could only top the hill at 40 mph or so. The 2.4 auto car would go right up the hill. I believe the problem with the 2.0 car is the gearing. I never studied the ratios but it seemed like 5th and 6th were both overdrive and the 2.0 engine just doesn't have enough torque at low rpm. I never did any mods to my car but I think any mods would need to address torque at low rpm, rather than more hp at higher rpm.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The Dart is a heavy slug and is known to lack power at low RPMs. The 2.Slow is the worst engine in the lineup for power, although the 1.4T and 2.4 are only marginally better. These are highway cars and perform great when out on the open road, but if I lived in the city and rarely had a chance to get the RPMs up mine would drive me nuts. Dodge tried to tune these cars for better mileage and emissions, and low end torque lost out on the deal.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
The Dart is a heavy slug and is known to lack power at low RPMs. The 2.Slow is the worst engine in the lineup for power, although the 1.4T and 2.4 are only marginally better. These are highway cars and perform great when out on the open road, but if I lived in the city and rarely had a chance to get the RPMs up mine would drive me nuts. Dodge tried to tune these cars for better mileage and emissions, and low end torque lost out on the deal.
The 1.4T and 2.4L make significantly more torque than the 2.0L, and neither has any issue with hill climbing. They squeezed decent power out of the engines, keeping in mind that they wanted them all to run on 87 octane fuel. All of the tunes that squeeze more out of the Dart require 91-93 octane fuel, regardless of engine. A 2.0L normally-aspirated engine is just not going to produce much torque, no matter what you do.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have you changed out the spark plugs? Have you checked fuel pressure? Has the air filter been changed? Does an OBD2 reader show any codes?
Keep in mind that we're talking about a little 4 cylinder engine that was primarily designed for one thing: mpg's. You might try higher octane fuel, and run some fuel injector cleaner thru a few tanks of gas, but in the end it's all about mpg's; not torque and not horse power. Just my own opinion. Others will surely disagree.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts