Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new here. I just purchased my 2014 dodge dart gt 2.4tiger shark with the auto trans. Really liking the idea of making it a sleeper of sorts. My idea was to drop a nitrous kit in it and a tune. With stock exhaust and intake. I'm not expecting God breaking numbers by any means but I was wondering. The kit comes with 35,50,75,100 shot. I'm thinking a 50shot would be safe bet before a tune and the 75shot after the tune. Just wanted to see if anyone knows what this engine can handle safely?

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
38 Posts
I asked about it and looked into it, dont seem like a good idea, and the trans is about at its limits as it is.

Ive learned the bolt on-s are costly and not impressive, if you wanted fast or a car to mod fast you bought the wrong car unless your only racing other darts.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Hello new here. I just purchased my 2014 dodge dart gt 2.4tiger shark with the auto trans. Really liking the idea of making it a sleeper of sorts. My idea was to drop a nitrous kit in it and a tune. With stock exhaust and intake. I'm not expecting God breaking numbers by any means but I was wondering. The kit comes with 35,50,75,100 shot. I'm thinking a 50shot would be safe bet before a tune and the 75shot after the tune. Just wanted to see if anyone knows what this engine can handle safely?
The engine is more than strong enough to take a 75 shot. The problem comes down to tuning it. All we have is one company that offers a tune for the headers/exhaust combo. Beyond that, nobody has "tuned" the 2.4 engine to accommodate nitrous. There is not a single Dart owner running nitrous that I am aware of.

One tuning company attempted nitrous while dynoing their shop car and the ecu simply did not like it at all.

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
38 Posts
I wonder what a 50 shot off a controller ramped over the full second would do? I wonder if that would let the factory tune adjust?

Like in the pic of my plate/fogger v8 kits it can ramp both stages.

Going further I wonder if it would not ramp 50 maybe if one used 2 nozzles and ramped both????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts