Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new here. I just purchased my 2014 dodge dart gt 2.4tiger shark with the auto trans. Really liking the idea of making it a sleeper of sorts. My idea was to drop a nitrous kit in it and a tune. With stock exhaust and intake. I'm not expecting God breaking numbers by any means but I was wondering. The kit comes with 35,50,75,100 shot. I'm thinking a 50shot would be safe bet before a tune and the 75shot after the tune. Just wanted to see if anyone knows what this engine can handle safely?

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
105 Posts
I asked about it and looked into it, dont seem like a good idea, and the trans is about at its limits as it is.

Ive learned the bolt on-s are costly and not impressive, if you wanted fast or a car to mod fast you bought the wrong car unless your only racing other darts.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Hello new here. I just purchased my 2014 dodge dart gt 2.4tiger shark with the auto trans. Really liking the idea of making it a sleeper of sorts. My idea was to drop a nitrous kit in it and a tune. With stock exhaust and intake. I'm not expecting God breaking numbers by any means but I was wondering. The kit comes with 35,50,75,100 shot. I'm thinking a 50shot would be safe bet before a tune and the 75shot after the tune. Just wanted to see if anyone knows what this engine can handle safely?
The engine is more than strong enough to take a 75 shot. The problem comes down to tuning it. All we have is one company that offers a tune for the headers/exhaust combo. Beyond that, nobody has "tuned" the 2.4 engine to accommodate nitrous. There is not a single Dart owner running nitrous that I am aware of.

One tuning company attempted nitrous while dynoing their shop car and the ecu simply did not like it at all.

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
105 Posts
I wonder what a 50 shot off a controller ramped over the full second would do? I wonder if that would let the factory tune adjust?

Like in the pic of my plate/fogger v8 kits it can ramp both stages.

Going further I wonder if it would not ramp 50 maybe if one used 2 nozzles and ramped both????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys Im still looking into things one thing most dart owners around me agree is to get headers as the stock header has that weird cat thing right at the engine. It's super restrictive. Still haven't found any one to tune it either.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Thanks guys Im still looking into things one thing most dart owners around me agree is to get headers as the stock header has that weird cat thing right at the engine. It's super restrictive. Still haven't found any one to tune it either.
Syked ECU tuning now offers full custom tuning packages. Nitrous though, that's still an unknown.

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
46 Posts
I'll let you know I'm installing the nos kit tomorrow after I make finish replacing my brake rotors and doing some suspension work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i actually finally got it to stop leaking last nighrt i think but on my way home must have hit a mail box lol ive only got a 5ilb bottle and if i can get everything worked outtoday ill post some video of the nitrous shot i do today

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey hopefully tomorrow I'll have some actual nitrous info for the forums I've got the leaks all sealed which is the biggest thing since I've only got a tiny five pound bottle I went out tonight to try it out but something wasn't wired right or I have to finish wiring my purge kit since it's already connected to the line lol just got over excited so I'll try and shoot some video with the torque track recorder because I believe it shows stats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Alright guys, car has new 2 step colder plugs, bottle is hooked up. Just having the cars heater run for a bit to get my bottle up too temp lol. I'll be going to test run the system again and this time I'll get video. Although I'm kinda happy I forgot last time. Y'all didn't need to see my dart shudder lol. Hoping this is gonna be fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got some footage I'll up load it in abit not very exciting although cars not shuddering anymore I don't think it was working.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was doing 50 wanted to do 100 but lost a jet lol but she's still driving it's not a great video I wasn't sure about forum rules on driving I'm not sure how ro get the video from track replay to files so I'll upload it to YouTube and share the link

1 - 17 of 17 Posts