Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

Todd, owner of TCE Performance Products here. Some may know of my business and the kits we've produced for years in the SRT4 market. Some may have never heard the name...I'm ok with that too.

TCE worked many months ago with Dane Racing Products to develop a complete front Big Brake kit. One that offers form, function and cost effectiveness. The kits you've seen were produced here and sold by DRP on a limited basis for the year 2014. Moving ahead to 2015 it is no longer an exclusive offering and can be purchased directly from TCE.

Right now we have a number of 'carry over' components for these kits as we all anticipated a greater sales volume. Moving ahead this year our goal at TCE is to both sell more product and to move these parts off the shelf- and onto YOUR car.

Right now TCE is producing ONE front kit only; our 13" DP6 kit. That kit combines 13 x 1.10 rotor (2pc) with the low clearance Wilwood DP6 front caliper. We have data for the production of a larger (and yes; read more costly) 14" kit with FNSL6 calipers if someone is up to the task of "going big". However given sales volume, projected usage and budget concerns we'll concentrate mainly on the Street Enthusiast market a bit more than the open track day user. The DP6 is a mid class caliper offering both light weight, quick change pad clips and pre applied powder coat finish. It's real advantage is it's low clearance fit! The back side of that however is the use of thinner pads than those we'd use on a full blown race kit. Still many have put this part to good use without issue so please don't overlook it for the occasional track day use. We can fit the DP6 with a wide range of track compounds as well as street material.

We have no plans to produce a rear kit. Yes...after 20+ years I know how this goes and how it may disappoint some of you. From a business stand point there will need to be a demand for such a build. And from the functional one; it would likely remain simply a larger rotor with the stock caliper- due to the dual action oe caliper now. Most folks want or need a parking brake so I'm sorry to say we are unlikely to see four pot rears anytime soon. Should the demand for both front and rear kits grow..the fist step would likely be a 11.75 or 12.2 rear rotor kit retaining the factory caliper.

The TCE/Wilwood Dart kit is sold all inclusive: 2pc hats and rotors, calipers, pads, brackets and ss flex lines (front). It can easily be assembled in one afternoon with common hand tools. Similar kits are on the market now from TCE for MINI, SRT4, ECLIPSE, SOLSTICE/SKY and others with kits in service around the world. We are not really breaking new ground here; just applying proven product to another platform! Rest easy that things are done well with your satisfaction in mind!

TCE has priced this kit in line with out other similar kits at $1469. As an 'intro' we will include 2 bottles of Wilwood 570 brake fluid and all ground UPS (US ONLY) on kit sales through January 18th saving you up to $75 or so depending upon where you live. I know that's not a huge savings but please understand that my shop does not normally do "sales" and specials as we price things in the real world from day one- not a sale every holiday we can think of!

All I ask is that you consider the TCE offerings when you look to buy. And if you have a friend with another car we service by all means please pass the good name onto them for their buying pleasure also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some images of the parts used in this new kit:

13 DP6.jpg image.jpg Dynapro_Six_Lug_Mount_Red-lg.jpg

First up component image: All inclusive; hats, rotors, calipers, pads, hoses, brackets, hardware etc....

An install image courtesy of DRP.

The DP6 caliper found here and on many other TCE and Wilwood kits!

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,440 Posts
So pretty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to keep it real. If someone wants some monster 14-15" stuff with Aero6 calipers and such..by all means let me know! We can do that too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't forgotten Dart owners...just been busy with custom work and a few other new kits.

Still have a good supply of parts for your Dart; just check in with me!

·
Registered
58 Posts
TCE

I really like those wheels. I don't see that they make them in the bolt pattern for the dart. Are you using spacers or custom drilled wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not in the wheel business.

The wheels shown are those of the test fit car from DRP. You may want to contact them and see if they offer the wheel or can point you in the right direction!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spread the word: got a cool old F100 project you or a friend is working on? A common swap for these old trucks is late model Crown Vic front sub frames, suspension and engines. (as seen on Gas Monkey and others) While such things are very cool there were limited brake options. We've addressed that and now offer both 14 and 15" front kits for you restomod truck!

Street, strip, track, custom: see what TCE can build for you.

P1010127.jpg P1010129.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty quiet around this place. Calls and pms on kits but not a lot of takers. Figured this car for more action. Where are all the BBK buyers?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts