Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have had the issue of the "can't unlock maps" for the last month or so. I just stopped working one day. I just updated the software to 7.09 and the issue is still there. I have 93K miles and my Dart is about 6.5 years old. Is Dodge still covering the Nav for this issue under an extended warranty? If so, I guess I will have to break down and take it to a local dealer and see if they will fix it.

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
I have had the issue of the "can't unlock maps" for the last month or so. I just stopped working one day. I just updated the software to 7.09 and the issue is still there. I have 93K miles and my Dart is about 6.5 years old. Is Dodge still covering the Nav for this issue under an extended warranty? If so, I guess I will have to break down and take it to a local dealer and see if they will fix it.
To my knowledge, it was only for 2015 models, at least that is what I recall in my recall letter. I mean you can call them up and give them your vin to check, but I think they will say you're technically not effected. But since it seems to be the same issue, if you escalate it to corporate, they might handle it for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So i have the same maps issue. I took my 2015 Dart GT in to dealer last week (Nov 2020) for this, as well as Bluetooth connectivity issues. The Dodge dealer told me it was my telematics module and charged me $830 to put new one in. When i got car back the Bluetooth issues were fixed, but this maps issue is still there. I came on here and read everyones input and used the 10 yr warranty letter as backup when I took it back. Im happy to report the dealership is honoring it, and ordered me a new radio. Should have in 1 to 3 weeks. I was a little worried since the letter is from FCA Canada and I live in Michigan, but they are honoring it.
Now im going to contact Dodge and see if I can get a reimbursement for the telematics module repair, but I doubt it.
Thanks to everyone else for previous input!

·
Registered
837 Posts
So i have the same maps issue. I took my 2015 Dart GT in to dealer last week (Nov 2020) for this, as well as Bluetooth connectivity issues. The Dodge dealer told me it was my telematics module and charged me $830 to put new one in. When i got car back the Bluetooth issues were fixed, but this maps issue is still there. I came on here and read everyones input and used the 10 yr warranty letter as backup when I took it back. Im happy to report the dealership is honoring it, and ordered me a new radio. Should have in 1 to 3 weeks. I was a little worried since the letter is from FCA Canada and I live in Michigan, but they are honoring it.
Now im going to contact Dodge and see if I can get a reimbursement for the telematics module repair, but I doubt it.
$830 just to replace the telematic module??..holy crap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
$830 just to replace the telematic module??..holy crap.
Yep, dealer in Walled Lake Michigan charged me that few weeks ago. Still no word on when new radio will be here.
I am getting the bluetooth "skipping" again. When i play music from phn it skips because the bluetooth is cutting in and out. Wish i would have knew about radio. Dealer should have said something to me before I paid to have something else changed... Kinda mad about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
where did you get this letter? My GPS started with the error messages today. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
where did you get this letter? My GPS started with the error messages today. Thanks.
I found the letter on this site searching through every link I could find. I didn't even need it. As soon as I told the dealer i know there is a 10 year warranty he just said OK and ordered me a new radio. I had just spent $800 at the same dealership on some other module they just put in the week before and never mentioned the radio warranty to me. I was not happy.
The new 8.4 unit came with the new updates and has worked great since. Plus I noticed 1 or 2 upgrades from my 2015 original NAV unit. Here is a copy of the warranty... Good Luck
Dart_NAV_wrnty.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
I found the letter on this site searching through every link I could find. I didn't even need it. As soon as I told the dealer i know there is a 10 year warranty he just said OK and ordered me a new radio. I had just spent $800 at the same dealership on some other module they just put in the week before and never mentioned the radio warranty to me. I was not happy.
The new 8.4 unit came with the new updates and has worked great since. Plus I noticed 1 or 2 upgrades from my 2015 original NAV unit. Here is a copy of the warranty... Good Luck
View attachment 127120
Yup, if you got that letter then you have a 10 year warranty on your Uconnect 8.4. Which you will almost certainly need, since it means your Uconnect 8.4 was manufactured during the time period they were using defective memory storage modules that will brick the navigation portion permanently.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got that can't unlock maps message. Then I made an appointment with the dealer. They said they were ordering me a new radio. Apparently when they finished the work they didn't end up replacing the radio like they said. But instead ended up only replacing the hard drive memory. I can't complain they fixed the problem. Thank God they still have a unlimited warranty on it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts