Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the itch to get a C6Z06 a while back, but after careful consideration, I still wanted something that my daughter could ride along in. I wanted a RWD sports car that had more power than I could ever see myself needing. I considered 370Z's and Genesis coupes, but they simply didn't have enough power for me and I knew I would want to modify them to make them more powerful. Next up was some cars where you get the most bang-for-the-buck, the Mustang GT and Camaro SS. The Mustangs looked okay, and had the power, but even with the new IRS on the most recent generation mustangs, they still didn't handle too well, and I love a car that I can toss into some corners more so than I can that can just go fast in a straight line. The 2016+ Camaro SS's have had some magor technological and powertrain upgrades to them, not to mention the very aggressive look to them, and Alpha platform they're on, and the fact that they will simply crush a mustang in the handling category.

Sadly, Dodge simply doesn't have anything that piques my interest in the sports car category. A Challenger is a muscle car, not a sports car no matter what anyone says, it simply doesn't handle well and is way too big.

So I got a used 2017 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS with 15,7xx miles. LT1, 8-speed auto, Kalahari leather interior (part of the 50th anniversary package, not a fan of the color, but it has everything else I wanted, Sunroof, Nav, Dual Mode Exhaust, Magnetic Ride Control, Pearl white strips, and optional 5 spoke silver wheels. With the way this car was optioned out, it MSRP'd for around $50,350, and I got it for $34,700 before taxes and title. Not too shabby IMO. Pics are below:

camaro 1.jpg
camaro 2.jpg
camaro 3.jpg
camaro 4.jpg
camaro 5.jpg

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sadly, Dodge simply doesn't have anything that piques my interest in the sports car category. A Challenger is a muscle car, not a sports car no matter what anyone says, it simply doesn't handle well and is way too big.
]
Cpngrats! Most people end up getting confused and call the mustang and camaro a muscle car when in fact there's ony the challenger. I don't think i've ever heard a person call teh challenger a sports car since it's bother bigger and weighs more then the other two

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Cpngrats! Most people end up getting confused and call the mustang and camaro a muscle car when in fact there's ony the challenger. I don't think i've ever heard a person call teh challenger a sports car since it's bother bigger and weighs more then the other two
FCA calls the Challenger a sports car occasionally, as does much of the automotive media. A lot of Americans equate "sports car" with raw power. Then again, most Europeans or Japanese probably wouldn't consider the Camaro or Mustang a sports car either. It's a matter of perspective, and in the end, who cares, as long as you love what you drive!

·
Registered
715 Posts
FCA calls the Challenger a sports car occasionally, as does much of the automotive media. A lot of Americans equate "sports car" with raw power. Then again, most Europeans or Japanese probably wouldn't consider the Camaro or Mustang a sports car either. It's a matter of perspective, and in the end, who cares, as long as you love what you drive!
Not gonna get into a pissing contest here but even on dodges site they call it a muscle car, camaro is sports and mustang is pony since it a mixture of the two. At teh end of the day teh dodge should be in a class of it's own since it's so much bigger, is completely different, and has a usable back seat unlike the other two

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Summer?????? I remember a time when the weather resembled that. Fearing it may never come again...

Seriously though, slick ride and great color combo.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Didn't you guys just have a couple days of 70+
Yep. The most awful tease nature could provide. I left work on Wednesday and it was 74 and had the sun roof open. When I left work on Thursday, it was snowing with an inch of accumulation already.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
I had the itch to get a C6Z06 a while back, but after careful consideration, I still wanted something that my daughter could ride along in. I wanted a RWD sports car that had more power than I could ever see myself needing. I considered 370Z's and Genesis coupes, but they simply didn't have enough power for me and I knew I would want to modify them to make them more powerful. Next up was some cars where you get the most bang-for-the-buck, the Mustang GT and Camaro SS. The Mustangs looked okay, and had the power, but even with the new IRS on the most recent generation mustangs, they still didn't handle too well, and I love a car that I can toss into some corners more so than I can that can just go fast in a straight line. The 2016+ Camaro SS's have had some magor technological and powertrain upgrades to them, not to mention the very aggressive look to them, and Alpha platform they're on, and the fact that they will simply crush a mustang in the handling category.

So I got a used 2017 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS with 15,7xx miles. LT1, 8-speed auto, Kalahari leather interior (part of the 50th anniversary package, not a fan of the color, but it has everything else I wanted, Sunroof, Nav, Dual Mode Exhaust, Magnetic Ride Control, Pearl white strips, and optional 5 spoke silver wheels. With the way this car was optioned out, it MSRP'd for around $50,350, and I got it for $34,700 before taxes and title. Not too shabby IMO. Pics are below:
I too am looking into the same car. I really love the Scat Pack Chargers, but something about those new SS Camaros... i will have to drive both of them to see which one I want, but I am still young and just graduated college. I don't plan on burning all my savings now, so it will still be a few years. By then, hopefully the price of them plumet, and I can find a good used one for an even better price. I have two vehicles now though. The dart is currently my "Summer car".

I just acquired an 04 Chevy Blazer from my family with not even 40k on it! My Dart has 60k! lol Which is not a lot, but in comparison my dart is only 3 years old and the blazer is almost 15 haha But to keep the salt and dirt off during the winter, I usually just keep my car away. I still drive it when it's nice, like today and yesterday, so it's not a fully kept garage queen. It's not that nice. lol But now that I have a vehicle I can drive strictly in winter if I need to, now I can look into actually buying a Summer car. Who knows, maybe when trade in time comes and if they offer me less than 5k for my dart, the Dart will then get added to the winter car list. lol not going to accept that low of a trade in since it's fully loaded and top of the line. I know they aren't worth much, but it's also not a base model. So if that's all it will be worth when the time comes, it just won't be sold.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would be inclined to do 0-60 pulls at every red light if I owned that vehicle.

Congrats! Is the Dart assigned to winter duty now?
It's assigned to cold weather/rain/snow duty.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Cntrollerfanboy I'll probably keep my dart until it just doesn't run anymore too. The car's value is next-to-nothing, yet it's a fully loaded Limited and I just can't justify giving it away for what they book for.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much did they offer you for it?
I didn't even consider trading the Dart, I already knew the car's value and had no intentions of trading it in since the SS will not be driven in bad weather. It has summer tires on it, and they're hard as bricks when they're cold, and they don't do well in rain either.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
@Cntrollerfanboy I'll probably keep my dart until it just doesn't run anymore too. The car's value is next-to-nothing, yet it's a fully loaded Limited and I just can't justify giving it away for what they book for.
That is where I am at as well. The car is worth more than that to me. I am not just going to give it away if it's still running well. Honestly that would be stupid (as many people do anyways). But actually most people just sell or trade their car in after a few years. Buy brand new, still have 16k left on the payment and then roll like almost 10k in negative into something else. Now THAT is stupid. I am still upside down on my car. As probably everyone that didn't put a hefty down payment on it, or have a 2013 that they already have paid off. I am close to the break even point, but even when that comes, no sense in trading. I always hear people like oh I got tons of rebates on my new car and it killed the negative. Oh really??? It also killed all the rebates on your new car or truck lol Instead of getting the car for 10k cheaper, you're now paying out the ass for another more expensive car, but hey. The dart was "paid off" in the deal. lol

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is where I am at as well. The car is worth more than that to me. I am not just going to give it away if it's still running well. Honestly that would be stupid (as many people do anyways). But actually most people just sell or trade their car in after a few years. Buy brand new, still have 16k left on the payment and then roll like almost 10k in negative into something else. Now THAT is stupid. I am still upside down on my car. As probably everyone that didn't put a hefty down payment on it, or have a 2013 that they already have paid off. I am close to the break even point, but even when that comes, no sense in trading. I always hear people like oh I got tons of rebates on my new car and it killed the negative. Oh really??? It also killed all the rebates on your new car or truck lol Instead of getting the car for 10k cheaper, you're now paying out the ass for another more expensive car, but hey. The dart was "paid off" in the deal. lol
I've never traded in a car and "rolled over" negative equity into a new purchase. That's just idiotic. If you owe more on your car than it's worth, then you have no business going out and buying another vehicle and trading in the upside down car. I've got people I work with that do that crap, and it just boggles my mind.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever traded a car that even had a loan on it. I usually sell my cars myself. I think I've traded 1 car at a dealership my entire life, and that was my 2006 Charger R/T because I simply didn't want to fool around with trying to sell it for a few months.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts