Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've done a few searches and didn't have any luck. Does anyone have instructions for the glovebox removal to access the 8.4" LCD 6 Speaker amp?

I have a Clarion digital amp 45 x 4 and an equalizer that I'm looking to hook up the speaker level inputs. There was a post that showed the location of the amp but I haven't actually found it.

Some background on this is, I swapped out the stock speakers and installed all Kicker KS series speakers (two 3 1/4 and four 6 x 9's) and in doing the change the treble is way above my comfort level. The built-in 3 band eq does almost nothing in this case and I can't enjoy listening to music with such defined highs. The equalizer I bought is a AudioControl LCQ-1 and the speaker lines just need to run into that.

Another thought I've had is adding a separate head unit just for audio and running that right into the amp via rca cables which I think would retain the most audio quality but I am not removing the lcd display as my climate controls are on that screen. Which means it would have to get shoved in the glovebox.

Any thoughts or help would definitely be appreciated, I just hope the troubles worth it but I will let you know :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the response. The 6 speaker system must have something because I have the 8.4 display which is only a screen. I've removed it to look and has a small harness it connects to.

I just haven't gotten behind the glove box where other posts have mentioned that that's the location.

I may need to actually stop at dodge to see what their instructions are.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Conjecture here, and there are many that can, and will, interject if I am wrong. The touch screen is just the display/input unit. The brain of the system, as well as the amp is behind the glove box. You should be able to cut the speaker output, use that for signal, then back into it with your amp output.

j

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I think based on that I may skip that.

I was really hopeful for adding that in but without garage space and it being freezing cold winter it seems like a nightmare :( I appreciate the help fro you both!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I initially wanted to mount mine there aswell because I was just putting a 8" sub in the rear deck, so I used long bolts and mounted my amp to the rear deck. I also ran the wires back there for the LOC and mounted it there aswell. My goal was to not mount it to the trunk floor or back of the seat.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Only Alpine system has amplifier, all other 6 speaker and 4 speaker they use HU power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.