Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if the big brake kit from the Dart GLH is available yet and if so what is the part number? Also is it any different than the Mopar brake upgrade found in the catalog as of 12/11/2015? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows if the big brake kit from the Dart GLH is available yet and if so what is the part number? Also is it any different than the Mopar brake upgrade found in the catalog as of 12/11/2015? Thanks.
There's no such thing as a Dart GLH (it was just a one-off for a car show), so there's no brake kit from it available. As far as the Mopar brake kit, you'll need to get with a dealer or allmoparparts.com for clarification on what's included as I don't believe anyone has forked over the funds for it.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
It's much different than the mopar kit. The mopar brake kit is just some slotted rotors and probably some performance brake pads. ONLY the FRONTs. Rears are not included nor do i think they even make them.

Here is the link to the mopar one's:

Dodge Dart Mopar Performance Brake Kit - Front (Part No: P5156166)

So abour $422 plus shipping. I believe i got a quote from R1 concepts for all 4 and pads shipped for right arounf $420. Luckily found a guy with those R1 concept brakes selling them brand new. I got them $220 shipped! lol So I'm going to grab some nice R1 concept brake pads like Stoptech and be looking at around a little over $300 for everything. Not badddd.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Yeah good deals! I think I paid around $336 for my complete kit. F/R rotors and pads.

Reactions: Mopar14

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I worded it wrong. What I meant was is the Mopar upgrade the one they used on the GLH or is it seperate. And yes @Cntrollerfanboy*they do have a set for rear now. With that being said, can I get a brake upgrade that comes with calipers as well? Preferably red ones haha

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
I think I worded it wrong. What I meant was is the Mopar upgrade the one they used on the GLH or is it seperate. And yes @Cntrollerfanboy*they do have a set for rear now. With that being said, can I get a brake upgrade that comes with calipers as well? Preferably red ones haha
Do you have a link for the kit with the rear? Oh and sorry yeah i believe on their plaque they had Big Brake Kit listed and it was a prototype part so no not the Mopar one out now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a link for the kit with the rear? Oh and sorry yeah i believe on their plaque they had Big Brake Kit listed and it was a prototype part so no not the Mopar one out now.
Mopar website is acting up on my phone, here is a screen shot from the catalog pdf off of their website I got today. Text Font Auto part

Are there any full upgrades though rather than just pads and rotors?

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Mopar website is acting up on my phone, here is a screen shot from the catalog pdf off of their website I got today. View attachment 57544
Are there any full upgrades though rather than just pads and rotors?
Oh yeah i forgot about those. Yeah that looks to be full on pads, rotors, and calipers. The link i posted above was just rotors and pads and they never had the calipers available. I believe that is close to what was on the GLH if not the same ones. :)

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
Assume that everything in the Dart concept cars is just that: a concept. Almost nothing they have ever shown for the Dart has made it to production. Even the stuff they've actually said they were going to make. The GLH and its BBK will almost certainly be more of the same.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah i forgot about those. Yeah that looks to be full on pads, rotors, and calipers. The link i posted above was just rotors and pads and they never had the calipers available. I believe that is close to what was on the GLH if not the same ones. :)
See that's what I thought and associated it with the GLH but I read that paragraph and it said nothing about calipers, those are only in the picture..

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Assume that everything in the Dart concept cars is just that: a concept. Almost nothing they have ever shown for the Dart has made it to production. Even the stuff they've actually said they were going to make. The GLH and its BBK will almost certainly be more of the same.
Well it's in the Mopar catatlog to buy right now. I thought the same thing about the ram air insert and it showed up in the catalog and boom someone bought it and had it within a week or two lol It's one thing when it was like the mopar CAI that was on back order for what over a YEAR because it was just not entirely finished through production. It showed up on sites and at dealers to buy but no one even had a picture of it. Until a year later and everyone canceled their orders lol

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Maybe I can use that as an excuse to get braided lines and calipers included for a discounted price hahaha
Good luck. You will need a whole hell of a lot of it. lol HEY you live in Columbus! Do i know you... :serious: lol

I was just at a meet we had down there near Polaris and we went to the Hoover Dam. Are you on the darts of ohio facebook page?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
We've been putting off finishing our BBK, with plenty of other irons in the fire. We just picked up some new summer shoes (18 x 8 with 245/35 Eagle F1), which means we can get rid of the 16" winter wheels (no hope of fitting a big brake kit behind them), and use our OE 17" alloys for our winter wheels. All that trouble, just so we can finish something we've been toying with for almost a year and a half. We have the calipers and brackets already, and have been waiting on the manufacturer of the rotors we want to get them available to us. They're either already available or will be shortly, so we'll be looking into doing 1" bigger rotors with twin-piston calipers for the front. Rear is actually pretty beefy already, so just some good cryo slotted rotors and ceramic pads will do wonders in the back.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
We've been putting off finishing our BBK, with plenty of other irons in the fire. We just picked up some new summer shoes (18 x 8 with 245/35 Eagle F1), which means we can get rid of the 16" winter wheels (no hope of fitting a big brake kit behind them), and use our OE 17" alloys for our winter wheels. All that trouble, just so we can finish something we've been toying with for almost a year and a half. We have the calipers and brackets already, and have been waiting on the manufacturer of the rotors we want to get them available to us. They're either already available or will be shortly, so we'll be looking into doing 1" bigger rotors with twin-piston calipers for the front. Rear is actually pretty beefy already, so just some good cryo slotted rotors and ceramic pads will do wonders in the back.
Any though of in rotor hat rear parking brakes and eliminating the twist piston caliper rears?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Hmm. yes, the Neon used drum-in-hat rotors. I haven't given it a lot of thought. I think I'd have to look backwards in Fiat parts bins to see what they've done. Trying to merge something like the Neon's setup would be more work than it's worth. FCA really did some... interesting things designing the Dart. They looked a lot more in Italy's parts bins and designs than they did Chrysler's.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.