Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am still getting to know my 2016 Dart (2.4, PowerTech) and just had a couple of questions about it. I noticed that after I start it and am driving around at a low speed (10-20 MPH) with the windows down I can hear a slight whining noise. If you weren't paying attention you probably wouldn't hear it. The only thing I can think of to describe it is like a whiny turbo, but it is very quiet. I do not notice it at higher speeds. Car is running and shifting fine. Just wondering if this was just something doing its thing under there normally or something I should get checked. I had a pre-purchase inspection done and the car passed with flying colors. I think it is probably me noticing the quirks of a new car, but I wanted to be sure.

I have also been keeping an eye on the oil level over the 900 miles I've had it, and have no oil loss (I have a Saturn so I've been programmed to check the oil at least twice a week lol). I noticed it has been smack dab in the middle of the crosshatching since I bought it; it had a fresh oil change right before it was delivered. I read in some forums where this is normal for the 1.4, so I was curious if it was also normal for the 2.4; just wanted to be sure I wasn't a bit low.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What tires do you have? I have the Yokohama’s from the factory and the whine I hear is the weird tred pattern especially noticeable when driving next to curb with windows down, as for oil mines the same after a full oil change it’s about in the center of the hatch marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
When do you check the oil? 2.4 can only be checked 5 min after being turned off after being at operating temperature

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has Prime Wells on the front and Kumhos on the back; they're in good shape with plenty of tread. I never thought about the tires making the noise. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually check it right after I get home from work; I have a smoke and then check it. Has always be in the middle of the crosshatching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts