Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m having a REALLY big issue with my 1.4 liter multi air turbo dart. It has had 2 recall one fixed in June of 2017for the TCM and the other one done this month in September 2019 For the transmission shift cable bushing. So with that being said I haven’t drove my car in almost a week due to the fact that it will not let me shift into drive or reverse it says gear not available and it makes this loud whining sound that sounds to be coming from under the battery area I have a video but it’s to long to attach. It then says “shift to neutral then drive or reverse” and still won’t move. I can sometimes get it to work by turning the car off and on three times and unplugging the battery but now that seems to not work. If anyone has any information that could help me or point me in the right direction that would be amazing or if you want to see the video let me know and I’ll get it to you somehow. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
Check the fluid level in the plastic reservoir. That is for the hydraulics. There is a hydraulic pump that may be making the noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the fluid level in the plastic reservoir. That is for the hydraulics. There is a hydraulic pump that may be making the noise.
Ok thank you sorry for the long message gap This really doesn’t give you the best of notifications but where would the hydraulic pump beer should I just take it and get it checked

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
The hydraulic pump is accessible from underneath. It is part of the accumulator assembly. Looks like this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’m having a REALLY big issue with my 1.4 liter multi air turbo dart. It has had 2 recall one fixed in June of 2017for the TCM and the other one done this month in September 2019 For the transmission shift cable bushing. So with that being said I haven’t drove my car in almost a week due to the fact that it will not let me shift into drive or reverse it says gear not available and it makes this loud whining sound that sounds to be coming from under the battery area I have a video but it’s to long to attach. It then says “shift to neutral then drive or reverse” and still won’t move. I can sometimes get it to work by turning the car off and on three times and unplugging the battery but now that seems to not work. If anyone has any information that could help me or point me in the right direction that would be amazing or if you want to see the video let me know and I’ll get it to you somehow. Thank you
Transmission ground wire replacement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i just had the recall done and i am having the same issue ...just wanted to see if anyone had a fix or had figured out the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same code. now i can not tell you if my issue is same as your issue because dodge cant even tell me what my issue is. But here is my situation

Thankfully i bought this car 2 years ago and bought a extended 2 year or to 120K mile warranty. right now i had it 22 months and i have 101K miles....soooooooo close...too close...but anyways..

when i bought it in 2017 they told me they had to do a recall on it before they sell it to me, which they did, then i drove it for the last 18 months. then over the summer my transmission and engine light popped up, that is when i found out that the car had a recall on the transmission again for a different. So they fixed that a month ago, assumeing my only issue was the recall bc thats around the time my light came on....figured i should be fine..but after fixing the recall. the transmission light was still now but now it was acting soooooo weird. If i was driving. and coasting and a light poped up saying " service transm,ission" thats all that would happen . and seemed to go away but it that light popped up while i was slowing down to a stop then the transmission would drop each gear until it gets to first. stay in first and limp home. unless i turn the car off for a minuet and turn it back on and go.. so i took it back to dodge where i had the recall done and told them to look at it under warranty and tell me if its anything i did or anything i need under warranty. at first they said they ran the codes and the only codes that was showing was a speed sensor. so they replaced that speed sensor. cleared the code and told me to pick up the car. then after i got to dodge to pick up my car. i got into my car and turned it and ...what what do u know...the " Dervice transmission light was already on. so i told them and they said to give it a hour to let the code correct itself...but evem them the transmission was drpping gears or switching gears at the wrong time. like switches from 5th gear to 6 at 2K rpm then 6th gear has a issue trying to get up to speed when the transmission should have dropped a gear to get up the speed and rpm and then change gears.....so they told me to bring it back in.....now when i called this tonight to see if they found out anything. they said ...actually we did find out something. they dont know why or how this happen. but for some reason only code that showed yesterday was the speed sensor code...and apperently now the only code on the transmission that is coming up is specifically stating " replace transmision "

no way to get around that one dodge....

so for anyone out there who just bought a dart or who plans on getting one....I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF MY CAR....BUT WHAT EVER YOU DO!!

GET A EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!

once my warranty is up imma go buy a new one...because i remember when i bought this car. i turned in my old jeep for 300 dollars and 1600 dollars of that went to my me payin for a extended warranty....which was completey worth is now...so do ur future a favor and get a extended warranty

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
I had this same code. now i can not tell you if my issue is same as your issue because dodge cant even tell me what my issue is. But here is my situation

Thankfully i bought this car 2 years ago and bought a extended 2 year or to 120K mile warranty. right now i had it 22 months and i have 101K miles....soooooooo close...too close...but anyways..

when i bought it in 2017 they told me they had to do a recall on it before they sell it to me, which they did, then i drove it for the last 18 months. then over the summer my transmission and engine light popped up, that is when i found out that the car had a recall on the transmission again for a different. So they fixed that a month ago, assumeing my only issue was the recall bc thats around the time my light came on....figured i should be fine..but after fixing the recall. the transmission light was still now but now it was acting soooooo weird. If i was driving. and coasting and a light poped up saying " service transm,ission" thats all that would happen . and seemed to go away but it that light popped up while i was slowing down to a stop then the transmission would drop each gear until it gets to first. stay in first and limp home. unless i turn the car off for a minuet and turn it back on and go.. so i took it back to dodge where i had the recall done and told them to look at it under warranty and tell me if its anything i did or anything i need under warranty. at first they said they ran the codes and the only codes that was showing was a speed sensor. so they replaced that speed sensor. cleared the code and told me to pick up the car. then after i got to dodge to pick up my car. i got into my car and turned it and ...what what do u know...the " Dervice transmission light was already on. so i told them and they said to give it a hour to let the code correct itself...but evem them the transmission was drpping gears or switching gears at the wrong time. like switches from 5th gear to 6 at 2K rpm then 6th gear has a issue trying to get up to speed when the transmission should have dropped a gear to get up the speed and rpm and then change gears.....so they told me to bring it back in.....now when i called this tonight to see if they found out anything. they said ...actually we did find out something. they dont know why or how this happen. but for some reason only code that showed yesterday was the speed sensor code...and apperently now the only code on the transmission that is coming up is specifically stating " replace transmision "

no way to get around that one dodge....

so for anyone out there who just bought a dart or who plans on getting one....I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF MY CAR....BUT WHAT EVER YOU DO!!

GET A EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!

once my warranty is up imma go buy a new one...because i remember when i bought this car. i turned in my old jeep for 300 dollars and 1600 dollars of that went to my me payin for a extended warranty....which was completey worth is now...so do ur future a favor and get a extended warranty
Glad to see a good post (well sort of)! Not really good, but yeah those DDCTs can be crazy and right now we are seeing a lot of people having some issues which they are out of warranty and now are facing some big bills because the dealers don't want to touch them at all. Even if they can repair something inside, they say it's not serviceable and just say it needs a new trans. Which is totally untrue. Good for you that they are replacing it under your warranty! Stories like this don't happen often, unusually it's someone saying they HAVE a warranty and they are not honoring it and trying to stick them with a $5k+ bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same exact issues except when I get the service trans and car wont go out of first I stop shut it off I have to wait 10 mins for it to start back up from what I'm reading I might be replacing the smart drive unit

·
Super Moderator
3,296 Posts
The Smart Drive module controls the hydraulic pump. It's very possible that it could cause a shifting problem. It's under the battery tray and there should be no problem replacing it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also had an issue with a gear not available message but it turned out to be a broken ground strap below the battery tray. As soon as it was reconnected everything worked again. Dodge designed the ground strap on the 1.4 with almost no slack so of course it would break eventually, stupid...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts