Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 dart. 40k. Check engine light came on and notified me that the thermostat wasn't in sync with the ambient temperature outside. So I took it to Galeana Dodge in Fort Myers after being there for hours and waiting for them to check my check engine light that I already told them what the code was they handed me an estimate for $567 to replace the thermostat they said it wasn't covered by the powertrain warranty or my aftermarket warranty but charged me $128 for a diagnostic fee and set me on my way couple days later I headed to Punta Gorda to Gettel Dodge this was the first of many trips to follow all because the first technician decided to put zip ties on my radiator hoses of the thermostat block maybe in the car Enthusiast I am I checked out the repair and couldn't believe my eyes after several threatening phone calls my car was picked up on a tow truck my car was then kept 5 days. When they delivered my car back to me I thought all was good to go until I pop my hood and noticed all the wires to my BCM we're just laying on my hot exhaust none of the wires were put back in the proper locations they were ripped from one of the click and lock BSM wires were broken and hanging. I immediately reached back out to the dealership for them to come get my car again. After being returned days later I keep noticing small but noticeable smell of antifreeze burning. I do not see drips anywhere but I am getting a sense that there's air in the cooling system so the car went back again to have the coolant flushed and filled and have the air ran out of the system properly but yet I still have a smell and I looked out again today and my coolant reservoir is about a half a quart low already got to love dealerships

This was all after Pep Boys told me they replace the thermostat and charged me which sent me into the dealership in the first place. Got to love wasting time and money

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts