Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a nice exhaust from the turbo back that wont make the car sound all riced out. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm looking for a nice exhaust from the turbo back that wont make the car sound all riced out. Any suggestions??
I don't think anyone has a turbo back exhaust yet. Just cat back exhaust. By magnaflow, flowmaster and I know drp is working on a full mirrored stainless cat back exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
260 Posts
The only way to get a full turbo back exhaust in the near future would be to get tork's catless down pipe and drp's 3" stainless exhaust when it's released.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking to get something soon, so I guess I'll be settling with a cat back. Not a fan of the magnaflow, but I haven't seen much of the flowmaster. anyone have any opinions on it's sound/performance?

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,443 Posts
Magnaflow definetly produces the deeper growl and better sounds. Flow master is nice, but IMO doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just for you info. The minute you screw with the cat or anything in front of it, you void your warranty :/

Sent from my bad ass dart ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Magnaflow make a high flow replacement cat for the dart. If you go to their web site and look up the dart it's there and you can special order it from madness if you want.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Magnaflow make a high flow replacement cat for the dart. If you go to their web site and look up the dart it's there and you can special order it from madness if you want.
As I said before, even if you replace the cat with another one it will void the warranty. Either look it up in your warranty or call Chrysler like I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you remove it then yes but if it's just replace its against the law for them to void your warranty. It says right in my warranty book that no aftermarket part can void warranty they just won't be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If whatever you did.caused the.problem it voids the warranty escpecially if its aftermatket

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Injen makes a cat back as well that is currently available. I'd stay away from Flowmaster bc IMO $400+ for a 2.25" system is a total scam. At least Magnaflow uses 2.5", and Injen's is 3" but single exit. Personally, I think DRP's exhaust will be well worth the wait and money.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Removing a working catalytic converter is a fed regulated thing. The only reason you can replace a cat on a street driven vehicle is if the old one was no longer functioning. Doesn't matter if you out another cat on, you can't take the one off unless its kaput.

Obviously people do this all the time as there is no oversight of it unless you're in a smog check state.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3" exhaust for a little 4 cylinder like the dart makes no sense to me, that's I was thinking the 2.25 or the 2.5". Does anyone know when the DRP exhaust is coming out, and how big it will be?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Its a 3" and there is a thread all about it already just search for it. And he just finished his prototype. $1000 plus shipping I think

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
If you remove it then yes but if it's just replace its against the law for them to void your warranty. It says right in my warranty book that no aftermarket part can void warranty they just won't be covered under warranty.
Of course an aftermarket part can void a warranty if it causes damage to something else. Gotta love internet "facts." hahaha

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Learneded that when I called dodge and asked tthem myself ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts