Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a short on the fuse for the fuel Door. Does anyone have an electrical schematic of that circuit. I have disconnected the motor for the door and short still exists.I measured the cable going to motor and it is not shorted to ground or each other. If I put my multimeter on one of the fuse tabs one tab is shorted directly to ground. Have not removed door panel yet but that will be my next step to check button. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
What year is your Dart? I have a bunch of newer schematics but none of them show the fuel door. The fuse is F19 on the under dash fuse panel. This is the schematic I have for the interior PDC:

There is a pinout for the connector at the fuel door:
Scroll down to Motor Fuel Door
I do have the procedure to remove and replace the fuel door if you need that. You will need to remove the wheel well splash shield to get to the connector.
There have been problems with the large body connector for the door harness. Look at that before removing the door panel.

For the pinout for that connector, go to the site above and scroll down to:
C330 - (DOOR_FRONT_LEFT) 50 WAY

Pin 11 FUEL DOOR UNLOCK DRIVER .5 LG/VT

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your Dart? I have a bunch of newer schematics but none of them show the fuel door. The fuse is F19 on the under dash fuse panel. This is the schematic I have for the interior PDC:
View attachment 127266

I do have the procedure to remove and replace the fuel door if you need that. You will need to remove the wheel well splash shield to get to the connector.
There have been problems with the large body connector for the door harness. Look at that before removing the door panel.
View attachment 127267
View attachment 127268

View attachment 127269

Sorry my Dart is 2013 1.4 L Rallye. I have removed the rear inner fender and checked all cables there. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 127266

View attachment 127267
View attachment 127268

View attachment 127269

Will check connector before I pull the door panel off.Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
You might want to consider getting some practice and a used harness at a local self serve you pull type junkyard before trying to check the connector on your Dart. That connector is not easy and may even require taking the door off. Have you checked other functions in the door like the speaker, the door lock, the power window, and the power mirror?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to consider getting some practice and a used harness at a local self serve you pull type junkyard before trying to check the connector on your Dart. That connector is not easy and may even require taking the door off. Have you checked other functions in the door like the speaker, the door lock, the power window, and the power mirror?
Yes Everything else works, Power Mirrors, Door locks and Windows. Yeah it doesn't look easy, will definitely need some practice. The Manual Release works for now.Gonna dig more into this weekend. I appreciate your help.

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
I took another look at the connector site and found this:
SWITCH-FUEL DOOR - NATURAL (DOOR_DRIVER_2) 4 WAY
Full Repair Kit: 68475531AA
Pin Information
Circuit Gauge Color Function
A140 22 RD/LG FUSED B(+)
E12 20 OR/GY PANEL LAMPS DRIVER
P336 20 LG/VT FUEL DOOR UNLOCK DRIVER
Z919 20 BK GROUND

So apparently, the switch may be a more likely place to check first. It has both B+ and ground in one connector. The door panel is not difficult to remove. The hardest part is getting it started. Be sure to back whatever prying tool you use so you don't damage the paint. I usually get it to start at the front lower corner. Check this thread about the door:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts