Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I am starting to get comments from family while they are sitting inside the car, that they are smelling fuel or carbon monoxide smells when I am driving them in my Dart. The smell comes and goes. I sometimes notice it but mostly I don't because my sense of smell is kind of not that good.

Any thought or advice what to check?

I am driving a 2014 Dart SXT with about 45000km on it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hi, so I am starting to get comments from family while they are sitting inside the car, that they are smelling fuel or carbon monoxide smells when I am driving them in my Dart. The smell comes and goes. I sometimes notice it but mostly I don't because my sense of smell is kind of not that good.

Does the exhaust sound "normal". Not louder than usual or anything else that might point to an exhaust leak? Also, fuel (or gas) and carbon monoxide I feel are two distinct smells. You may also want to check for any dripping and/or puddling under the vehicle.

If you feel strongly that you have an exhaust leak, or worse a fuel leak, you need to get this checked out immediately. Don't take chances with your own, or family's, safety.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the exhaust sound "normal". Not louder than usual or anything else that might point to an exhaust leak? Also, fuel (or gas) and carbon monoxide I feel are two distinct smells. You may also want to check for any dripping and/or puddling under the vehicle.

If you feel strongly that you have an exhaust leak, or worse a fuel leak, you need to get this checked out immediately. Don't take chances with your own, or family's, safety.
cant see a leak underneath. but the smell comes and goes. from burnt plastic/rubber to rotten egg to gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a similar problem with my 2013 Dart. There's a strong fuel smell on the outside of the car, and a faint fuel smell in the cabin. Were you able to figure out the problem?

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 2013 Dart. There's a strong fuel smell on the outside of the car, and a faint fuel smell in the cabin. Were you able to figure out the problem?
Have you looked under the hood when the engine is running? The backside of the engine is where the injectors are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts