Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have the life time warranty and don't want to get into any big modification such as injectors and customer tuning, basically it would be nice to have more usable power that does not fall off and still keep things simple and reliable

this sounds like it would be better than what we can get with all the bolts on, so the signal modifier along with a couple of boltons sounds like a good power increase and better drive ability - the better drive ability is more of what i am looking for, so will this do this?
No, the few bolt-on's and signal modifier will not give you what you are looking for. I have stated many times that a signal modifier and bolt-on's could end up running the car to lean. Lean is much more dangerous than running rich. It will also cause the car to run worse vs better drive ability.

I hope this helps.

-John

·
Registered
115 Posts
so it sounds like the only and best way is to use the AEM FIC 8 setup you are testing would be the best solution. I wish to use the stock injectors so using this system you are looking to offer should make the car run better and faster on the stock injectors. I was wondering what your set up would have over the MM regarding benifits and overall drivability,

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok so when would the car start running lean with the exhaust?
Sorry im new to this just trying to learn more on when car will start to run lean

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry, new to all this....... .. so would this also work on the R/T and its 2.4?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ok so when would the car start running lean with the exhaust?
Sorry im new to this just trying to learn more on when car will start to run lean
it isnt just going to be one mod. it will be a combination of mods that will cause the car to go lean. example you have an intake, intercooler and intercooler pipes. you will be fine there but if you add an exhaust to it then it will probably run lean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was reading some of the other posts and if i understood right the cat back exhaust wouldn't run lean but the TBE would?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was reading some of the other posts and if i understood right the cat back exhaust wouldn't run lean but the TBE would?
from what I've read the turbo back exhaust without a cat converter runs lean. I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes, from what we have seen, a full turbo back exhaust system on the car will cause the car to run lean. Hell, the car run's lean from the factory until you get over 5500 RPM, then it seems to dump fuel. With mods on the car... run runs lean just about everywhere.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Noob question...ummm what does run lean mean? I was looking into getting a catback exhaust....is a turbo back something different?...what's the difference between the two.....which one should choose..any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Lean = not enough fuel/too much air

Exhaust goes like so on the 1.4. Engine, turbo, cat, and then the pipes and muffler and such

Turo back replaces everything after the turbo, including the cat (either with a new cat, or cat-less)

Catback keeps the original cat and replaces everything after the cat converter.

Depending on your local laws, inspections, smog checks etc. you may be required to keep the catalytic converter. Technically speaking from what I have read it is actually a federal thing you are not supposed to remove the cat or even replace it unless the old one was faulty or worn out. But if nobody is looking, then nobody is looking ;)

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No updates at this time guys, we are waiting on a few key components to start tuning with. I will update you when we have those on the car.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Map clamps could help on this problem
Actually voltage clamps make the problem worse. We have seen what signal modification does to the car and we will not be selling or tuning with voltage clamps. Only tuning solutions will be with full control over the injectors and ignition timing.

Thanks,

John

21 - 39 of 39 Posts