Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get on the highway at around 55 I start to get a vibration some where. I don’t really feel it in the steering wheel but I still think it’s the front. It gets less at cruising speed like 70 but let off the gas and it’s right back. I read about some steering component that could cause this, what is it?

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
Get tire/wheel balance checked.

Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Get tire/wheel balance checked.
I believe the Darts require a Road Force Balance. Make sure the shop has a machine that can do this. Not every place does.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Mine seemed to go away after I went back to stock wheels. One of my aftermarket wheels was cracked and I couldn't find a replacement so I said screw it went back to OEM and it to me it drove a lot better after.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
I believe the Darts require a Road Force Balance. Make sure the shop has a machine that can do this. Not every place does.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Nah, I'm on 4 sets of tires on my Dart and have never had a Road Force balance, and I haven't had any issues with wheel balance. I had some vibration issues like @Detroit Horse described, and it turned out to be a bad ball joint in the right front control arm (discovered when checking the 4 corners before doing an alignment). Basically, anything in the suspension that isn't up to spec can cause vibrations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts