Dodge Dart Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Holy crap dude... it's March and you still have that much snow in TO?
I plowed the driveway twice today and it's still coming down

-pitajr

· Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I plowed the parking lot at work with my bumper...... lol
So did I... after helping push 2 people who drive an old BMW 3-series and a 2012 Civic, and then showing a coworker how to engage 4WD in her father's Patriot. Even with winter tires, she couldn't even get it backed up all the way out (slightly downhill, no less). It was just spinning the back wheels. So I showed her how to engage the 4WD and that thing suddenly had traction like on a warm summer day. My Dart had no trouble getting out of the parking lot through enough snow that it was getting plowed by the bumper. Even with the 18" wheel and OEM tires it was pretty well behaved with traction control off (I think next year I'll invest in winter tires). The back end did try to kick out a few times on the road, but nothing major, and the underside "Aero" panels were scraping on the snow sometimes. Sometimes it's not a bad thing to have a compact car with some heft, I guess. My wife reports that our new 2014 Grand Caravan took the roads like a total boss. I've driven it in the snow a few weeks ago, and I concur, that van is a monster in the snow, and I was actually wishing that's what I was driving this afternoon. Hey, at least it's a Dodge! :cool:

· Registered
544 Posts
So did I... after helping push 2 people who drive an old BMW 3-series and a 2012 Civic, and then showing a coworker how to engage 4WD in her father's Patriot. Even with winter tires, she couldn't even get it backed up all the way out (slightly downhill, no less). It was just spinning the back wheels. So I showed her how to engage the 4WD and that thing suddenly had traction like on a warm summer day. My Dart had no trouble getting out of the parking lot through enough snow that it was getting plowed by the bumper. Even with the 18" wheel and OEM tires it was pretty well behaved with traction control off (I think next year I'll invest in winter tires). The back end did try to kick out a few times on the road, but nothing major, and the underside "Aero" panels were scraping on the snow sometimes. Sometimes it's not a bad thing to have a compact car with some heft, I guess. My wife reports that our new 2014 Grand Caravan took the roads like a total boss. I've driven it in the snow a few weeks ago, and I concur, that van is a monster in the snow, and I was actually wishing that's what I was driving this afternoon. Hey, at least it's a Dodge! :cool:
Well I had my all season kumhos on and I heard about this storm so I switched my 2 fronts to winters today and as I was leaving work the back of the car whipped out and the front was like glued to the lane LOL

· Registered
1,554 Posts
I plowed the parking lot at work with my bumper...... lol
don't worry, I did that all the way down the road before mine. It's notorious for drifting, even though it was probably plowed an hour ago.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
jsblanch,

Just about the same thing happened in our parking lot. My colleague's Dart did quite well in the snow and jumped right through the big stuff.
I have a Town & Country and I must say, the Dodge/Chrysler vans are unbeatable in the snow. So long as you stay away from the edge of the road and get sucked in the ditch, you're almost able to plow through anything. It's unbelievable!

· Premium Member
6,504 Posts
jsblanch,

Just about the same thing happened in our parking lot. My colleague's Dart did quite well in the snow and jumped right through the big stuff.
I have a Town & Country and I must say, the Dodge/Chrysler vans are unbeatable in the snow. So long as you stay away from the edge of the road and get sucked in the ditch, you're almost able to plow through anything. It's unbelievable!
There aren't a lot of ditches in the middle of Mississauga to fall into. If you stray off course you tend to go into a curb here. With the snowdrifts yesterday, it was easy to get sucked into them, too, so it paid to be careful. Unless you're my neighbor in his raised F250 SuperDuty, who probably wouldn't notice going over a curb. :D

· Registered
12 Posts
I would politely ask them to check the engine/tranny supports and also check the subframe alignment.

This engine/tranny combo is craddle mount aligned and you mentionned that the wheel alignment helped somewhat.

But if the engine/tranny combo isnt aligned correctly with the centerline of the car you will feel a vibration upon acceleration and deceleration and at certain constant speeds.

It is in the realm of possibility that a technician corrected the subframe alignement for the caster and provoked this situation.

Has your car been towed since you purchased it ? I have seen another Dart that got pulled out of a ditch this winter ...and the pull shifted the craddle and created this exact same situation.

My 2 cents
Thank you. This could be my problem. I bought it at auction and it was flood damage. Could have been pulling it out of the water or dragging it around the lot. I have a broken rear link and bought the BWoody upgraded links to fix that. I will have the subframe alignment checked.

· Registered
819 Posts
Thank you. This could be my problem. I bought it at auction and it was flood damage. Could have been pulling it out of the water or dragging it around the lot. I have a broken rear link and bought the BWoody upgraded links to fix that. I will have the subframe alignment checked.
I don't see it mentioned in this string, but there are several different threads related to the mysterious 70mph vibration, one of them (?) does resolve it, there was a Flash update for the electronic power steering controls, fixed mine good. you should look into that, the dealer needs to search under electronics, not drive train/steering.

· Registered
57 Posts
I don't see it mentioned in this string, but there are several different threads related to the mysterious 70mph vibration, one of them (?) does resolve it, there was a Flash update for the electronic power steering controls, fixed mine good. you should look into that, the dealer needs to search under electronics, not drive train/steering.
Thanks man, I was combing through this thread after reading all the posts feeling slightly hopeless. Hopefully, this helps my case. After driving my Rallye for the past two years this is my only complaint.

· Registered
484 Posts
*** Update ***

I had a reprogramming of the tcm for a " Harmonic Vibration " last month .....vibration is still there.

I actually think its the transmission and the way it pulse the pressure to the friction plates.

My car actually does it even under 100 kmh (55 mph), we have a new highway leading to where i live and its tarmac is actually better than some race tracks i have seen.

Its definitely the car that is doing this, there is a 17 km stretch that is perfectly flat and straight ....and it gets very annoying.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts