Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Dart 1.4T here, looking to read up on the Forge Blow off Plate Install. I cant find anything about how to throw it on. Its rainy outside and was hoping to be fully knowledgeable on it when it clears up. Any forum threads or youtube videos floating around here that I cant find? Heard its really easy install was just wanting to know what im dealing with before I open the hood. Sorry if this is a repeat thread :eek:

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Go out to the car, and crack open a can of beer while staring at the hood.
Pop hood.
Take a drink.
Stare at the Turbo in front of you.
Take a drink.
Remove the 3 Allen head bolts holding on the black diverter valve.
Take a drink.
Put the diverter valve in the forge plate.
With your other hand, take another drink.
Bolt it back down with the supplied longer Allen head bolts.
Close the hood.
Finish the beer.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Pop hood.
Take a drink.
Take a drink.
Take a drink.
Close the hood.
Finish the beer.
This but with more drinking and smoking

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys! I was installing the plate and noticed some type of gasket go flying underneath the engine. Is this o-gasket off of the plate or off of the existing recirculating valve?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Okay so where can I find this Forge BOV plate???

Never mind, found it on modern performance. Just ordered it, looking forward to doing the install.

·
Registered
402 Posts
haha love this thread. cept you forgot about drinkin a beer while looking under the hood...... Most important tool in the garage!
But, why not just do the DV+ and CAI for the sound and better performance. All the BO plate dose is make the PSSS sound....
All in due time. I don't want to make this another show car only because I don't want to hurt the daily driver aspect to why I bought a newer vehicle in the 1st place. I came from a '00 Dakota Sport with the 3.9L and average of 14mpg or 225 miles a tank! I'm already at 220 miles on this tank in my dart at half tank! Already loving this car right there.

I do plan on getting a CAI in the future, which one do you suggest?

Plus I already have a show vehicle. Its a '03 Dodge Dakota Sport Reg. Cab with a lot of aftermarket parts. Has a 4.7L V8.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Deciding what cai you go with is up to what you wanna pay. I've had the drp convertible 1st version. I switched to an injen Sri recently. There are a few different choices out there. I know a few guys running a K&N typhoon with heat shield. I actually managed to make my injen Sri fit the K&N heat shield.
They all help so it's really up to personal preference and budget. And the only thing that will hurt you mpg is wot once you feel a bit more get up n go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pop hood.
Take a drink.
Take a drink.
Take a drink.
Close the hood.
Finish the beer.
lmao best tutorial ever!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts