Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with either the 2.0L or 2.4L engines, wanting excellent quality oil for your engines with an extended oil life, check out AMSOIL. AMSOIL offers 3 different types of oil for your engines with different intervals to change at.

First one is your OE equivalent
OE.png

Second is Extended Life that the service life is rated for up to 10,000 miles/6 months
xl.png

Third is Signature Series that the service life is rated up to 25,000 miles/12 months in the right conditions.
sig.png

One of the conditions to achieve that high of a mileage is up to the filter and unfortunately AMSOIL doesn't make a filter that lasts that long for these yet, but they do have one that lasts up to 15,000 miles.
filter.png

I personally do not have either of these engines, but in my 1.4 Turbo I ran the specific AMSOIL oil for that and went almost 10,000 between changes. You can see my other thread here on the oil quality after 9,600 miles here. http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/amsoil-independent-dealer/10603-approx-9600-miles.html

If interested in ordering and you have any questions, feel free to PM.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Amsoil trumps any other oil on the market, I've used it in race motors, to oil my Glock on occasion and other types of motors. I swear by it. When I can't get it I'll go to Mobil 1 . I'd run a motor dry before I used royal purple.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'll be hittin ya up next month for a case of 0-20w for our 2.0

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can you clarify what you are asking? If you are wondering about Oil Analysis reports, I have one in this thread here, http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/amsoil-independent-dealer/10603-approx-9600-miles.html, but that is for the 1.4 turbo. I don't have an Oil Analysis with a 2.0 or 2.4 since I do not have that engine and I'm not aware of anyone running those engines with AMSOIL that have performed the Oil Analysis test.
Sorry for the limited question. I asked only to guage the frequency of OCIs, especially since the car is driven in a dry, dusty climate(Vegas). I've always heard great things about AMSOIL too. Im searching for UOA's to find out at what point the silica content becomes an issue and the oil needs to be changed, I dont trust a sensor installed on the engine to tell me when to change the oil. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
One case Extended Life 0-20 ordered

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry for the limited question. I asked only to guage the frequency of OCIs, especially since the car is driven in a dry, dusty climate(Vegas). I've always heard great things about AMSOIL too. Im searching for UOA's to find out at what point the silica content becomes an issue and the oil needs to be changed, I dont trust a sensor installed on the engine to tell me when to change the oil. Thanks!
Sorry but its not a sensor ....its a programmed routine in the ECM the determines the best time for the interval.

Its calculated with start-up temp, frequency of motor change (rpm), complete and non completed drive cycles etc...

OP sorry didnt want to hijack your thread ....btw good product my son is sponsored by Amsoil for his ATV racing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry but its not a sensor ....its a programmed routine in the ECM the determines the best time for the interval.

Its calculated with start-up temp, frequency of motor change (rpm), complete and non completed drive cycles etc...

OP sorry didnt want to hijack your thread ....btw good product my son is sponsored by Amsoil for his ATV racing
Source?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Goverment of Canada Fleet Management courses ... and the wiring diagram ....pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor.

Have a look in your user manual ...its explained in there ....not thoroughly but in layman's terms.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Goverment of Canada Fleet Management courses ... and the wiring diagram ....pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor.

Have a look in your user manual ...its explained in there ....not thoroughly but in layman's terms.
Hey man. I know this is an old post but I was just wondering if you use this oil in your Dart? I'm going up on doing my first oil change that the dealership won't cover. I have always been a Valvoline supporter. But I have heard good things about Amsoil.

·
Registered
485 Posts
@20Rallye13 No i only use it in my son's ATV ...still have 8-9 bottles and another case.

In my dart i use the Mobil 1 .....if it can put a F1 on the podium its good enough for my car.

When it comes to the liquids in cars ..do your homework right, check compatibility with metals, acid formation and especially the foaming point. There arent any real "Sludge forming oils " currently on the market ....but stay away from no-name or re-branded oils.

And dont change brands of oils to often ...sometimes the chemistry can cause sludge build up or should i saw a yellowish varnish on the parts ...this varnish tends to diminish the absorption quality of the oil due to a lack of heat transfer from the oil.

And also check the filtering capacity of your filters, if you use a 5 micron filter for your oil system expect to change it midway in your 10 000 miles.

Air filters are measured by its capacity to hold dust ....yes you should get a scale and WEIGH the filter ....look on your stock air filter the parameters are there.
Any K&N or Injen filter should be cleaned at every oil change ...and buy a water sock ...they help alot for the fine dust ...most times you just need to tap it and the dust will flyng off.

Reactions: 20Rallye13

·
Registered
602 Posts
@20Rallye13 No i only use it in my son's ATV ...still have 8-9 bottles and another case.

In my dart i use the Mobil 1 .....if it can put a F1 on the podium its good enough for my car.

When it comes to the liquids in cars ..do your homework right, check compatibility with metals, acid formation and especially the foaming point. There arent any real "Sludge forming oils " currently on the market ....but stay away from no-name or re-branded oils.

And dont change brands of oils to often ...sometimes the chemistry can cause sludge build up or should i saw a yellowish varnish on the parts ...this varnish tends to diminish the absorption quality of the oil due to a lack of heat transfer from the oil.

And also check the filtering capacity of your filters, if you use a 5 micron filter for your oil system expect to change it midway in your 10 000 miles.

Air filters are measured by its capacity to hold dust ....yes you should get a scale and WEIGH the filter ....look on your stock air filter the parameters are there.
Any K&N or Injen filter should be cleaned at every oil change ...and buy a water sock ...they help alot for the fine dust ...most times you just need to tap it and the dust will flyng off.
Great information man. Thank you!

Right now I am thinking the Amsoil XL 0W-20 with their 10k mi XL oil filter. If not that set-up, Valvoline 0W-20. If I do go with Valvoline, I'm not sure what brand oil filter would be best. Any recommendations for that?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great information man. Thank you! Right now I am thinking the Amsoil XL 0W-20 with their 10k mi XL oil filter. If not that set-up, Valvoline 0W-20. If I do go with Valvoline, I'm not sure what brand oil filter would be best. Any recommendations for that?
If you don't buy AMSOIL, which you should get since I'm selling it, I would go with a K & N oil filter. I ran that along with valvoline synpower in my srt-4 for over 190,000 miles with changes every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you don't buy AMSOIL, which you should get since I'm selling it, I would go with a K & N oil filter. I ran that along with valvoline synpower in my srt-4 for over 190,000 miles with changes every 5,000 miles.
lol Well thank you for your opinion. Glad to see you are still active on the site. I can assure you that if I do go with AMSOIL, which it is looking good right now, I will be getting with you for the purchase.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Personally i don't trust Valvolean too much from experience with their 400 000 km warranty they offered a few years ago here in Canada.

We had a few engine failures in clients cars and they didnt want to honor the warranty ...it was always something else and never the oil.

Anyways try some Mobil 1 it's specd by Chrysler/Dodge and it is the choice for Mercedes (BTW our valvetrains is made by Mercdes)

Filter i use the Part Details BTW Wix makes the Amsoil filters

http://oilfilterdata.com/index.php?view=filter_info&model=57060XPburst data and other models

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally i don't trust Valvolean too much from experience with their 400 000 km warranty they offered a few years ago here in Canada.

We had a few engine failures in clients cars and they didnt want to honor the warranty ...it was always something else and never the oil.

Anyways try some Mobil 1 it's specd by Chrysler/Dodge and it is the choice for Mercedes (BTW our valvetrains is made by Mercdes)

Filter i use the Part Details BTW Wix makes the Amsoil filters
Actually AMSOIL makes their own filters and they also sell Wix filters on their site. If you go here AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide, you can view all the filters AMSOIL sells for the 2.0 Darts, along with any other products that they carry for the car.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry to break your heart ...Amsoil get the fillter made by Wix ...thats why the interchange in there numbers are comparable ...Amsoil manufactures OIL and not filters.

Next case of Amsoil filters you get shipped in look at the originating address ( Gastonia NC 28054 ) this is from the Dixon plant owned by WIX.

I have sold Amsoil here in Canada ...till they wouldnt correct the exchange rate to reflect to actual CDN$ value ...lost over 100 repeat customers due to there exchange rate policy.

I know this is not your problem ...the product is great ...but the share holders still think we live in Igloo's and have Dog Sleighs ....and that we will stupidly still swallow a 20-25 % exchange rate price difference ...and that our clients arent bright enough to see that Canadian Tire (chain of stores here) is selling at below my cost due to the shear volume.

When i started it was a selling point that you couldnt buy this oil in a Store ...I am your salesman I am your store policy ...doesnt work here in Igloo land.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting fact. I never ordered just a case of filters. If I ever need to, i will keep that in mind.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts