Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Dart GT with 67,000 miles
When I back up the car from a parking spot or a k-turn, the front wheels feel like they are flopping around like there is a bad idler arm.
I know these cars don't have idler arms so i'm wondering if its the strut mounts?

Anybody have a preference between the KYB and Moog mounts?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
2015 Dart GT with 67,000 miles
When I back up the car from a parking spot or a k-turn, the front wheels feel like they are flopping around like there is a bad idler arm.
I know these cars don't have idler arms so i'm wondering if its the strut mounts?

Anybody have a preference between the KYB and Moog mounts?
Does it make a noise? Are you still on the originals? I had to have my front mounts (2014 GT) changed this winter with less than 30k miles on it. As the cold weather came, it started making a noise in the morning when backing out of the drive way. This is a known issue with the Darts and certain OEM covers. However, don't recall seeing that people had an issue are "flopping" around.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its definitely the mounts. The floppy feeling is the strut binding then releasing when backing up.
I was able to order both sides from Amazon, KYB and had a $80 credit so it only cost me $20!

Hope to do it this weekend if the weather holds.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Its definitely the mounts. The floppy feeling is the strut binding then releasing when backing up.
I was able to order both sides from Amazon, KYB and had a $80 credit so it only cost me $20!

Hope to do it this weekend if the weather holds.
You will want to change over to the new style covers as well. I don't know the part number, but I believe this was an issue that lead to water migrating and corroding the mounts. Anyone have this info?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have two used from the junkyard. Part Number 68239039AA PM if interested.

forsale12.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts