Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the Dodge Dealership today to see if there were any recalls concerning flashing odometer and my 2015 Dodge Dart has no recalls. the service rep said i need a proxy alignment for $141 and it will fix the flashing odometer as the people in this club told me it would. Now I have to decide what I like more $141 or no flashing odometer. Also I had a hub bearing changed at my mechanics and the next day I was driving the car about 60mph and the brake pedal went to the floor. Turns out the guy who replaced the bearing didn't put the brake hose back in a clip and the tire ate threw it. took another shop two days to get the hose because no one is replacing them yet. The shop that messed up paid for the repair at the shop I went to close by because I had no brakes. I love this stupid car.

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
Put your hate on stupid mechanics, not the car. Most non dealer mechanics have probably never seen a Dart. For less than $141, you could buy the alfaOBD android app and the OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter and fix the flashing odometer by doing your own PROXI. Then when the next problem pops up, you will already have the proper diagnostic tools. When you want to add something that the car did not come with, the app will let you do it without running to the dealer.

Instead of starting 10 threads about the same topic, try finding your previous post and keep that thread all in one place. Click on your screen name and find all your previous posts.

Reactions: CanadianGuitar

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not hating on the car I really love it not happy with proxi alignment problem i looked into alfaOBD android app and OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter very confusing to me

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
There is a DLC, Data Link Connector, under the drivers side dash. Plug the OBDLink MX into the DLC. Get your android device to recognize the bluetooth adapter. Start the app. Select Dodge/Ram, under car model select Dart (PF), under function select Body Computer, under control unit select Body Computer Delphi/Marelli. Touch the Fiat with the open hood icon at the bottom. Next page near the top, touch Select Procedure to Start, scroll to near the bottom, select Proxy alignment.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick Question I have an Iphone5s and a computer with windows 10 no andriod phone do I need an android phone to use the alfa OBD android app

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an amazon fire can i download alfaOBD android app on this device to do proxy

can i download alfaOBD android app to amazon fire device or do i need an android phone have a windows 10 laptop and an i phone 5s Id like to buy the app and the mx bluetooth adapter and do my own proxy alignment to have the diagnostic tool for future use

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am finding the alfaOBD andriod app for $49 and the OBD Link MX Bluetooth adaptor for $99 does this sound like the right prices for these diagnostic items

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
Check eBay $85 for OBDLinkMX bluetooth. They used to be cheaper but since it has become so popular, price has gone up. 2 years ago I got mine for $58. Get the app at google Play Store. The Windows version is way more complicated. Android tablet or phone works best. You can pick up a cheap 3g android phone and it will work. It doesn't need to be connected to phone contract or even be able to be used as a phone. I use an old Moto G that I got for $20. You set it up where you have a WiFi connection to get the app.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i bought a moto g android phone so for the price of A PROXI Alignment i can buy the diagnostic app and mx tool so ill be able to do my own diagnostics down the road thanks for all the help

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you guys on here convinced me to get the stuff to do my own proxy alignment I bought a cheap android moto g cell phone downloaded the alfaOBDandroid app and im waiting on the OBDlink mx bluetooth adapter so my question is do you do this proxy alignment with the car running? key in on position with motor off or without any power? Thanks guys you've be real helpful so far

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
Key on motor off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the help I didn't know what a alfa OBD android app was and an OBD MX bluetooth adapter and did some research got an old moto g android phone and did my own proxy alignment no more flashing odometer and now I own diagnostic tool thanks a bunch guys. Dealer wanted$141.00 to do proxy alignment they wanted the car for 2 hours it took me five minutes to do myself. this site and the help i received from members on it helped me tremendously. Thanks again .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts