Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the procedures and the software requirements for flashing ECU/ECM on my 2013 Dodge Dart.

However one thing I am finding conflicting information for which J2534 Pass through device (known as a j-box) is compatible with Chrysler Tech Authority Witech software?

Anyone who has successfully flashed their ECM, do you know if it could be accomplished with the Autel MaxiFlash J2534 Pass through device (its the cheapest J-box device out there at <$1000) or do I need to use the official Chrystler proprietory j-box device, the Micropod II?

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Where are you getting the software? As much as I hate suggesting going to a dealer, it would likely cost less than buying something you will use one time and it may not work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you getting the software? As much as I hate suggesting going to a dealer, it would likely cost less than buying something you will use one time and it may not work.
Through the official channels, gonna pay for the 3 day subscription to tech authority, and then the 3 day subscription to access the ECU software and the activation fee for the J2534 device. Yeah i know the dealer probably is more convenient but i did the math and it would still be cheaper for me to do it on my own than what the dealer quoted me.

Also I got my answer to my original question direct from wiTech tech support, I emailed them: "Thank you for contacting wiTECH Help Desk. Autel Maxi Flash is a non verified device, if there is an issue with it we will not be able to troubleshoot it. You can certainly use a non verified J tool, but if you experience any issues you would need to contact your vendor."

So im guessing it means it would work, but its not an officially supported device.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts