Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 13’ sxt turbo I’ve had for awhile now. I’ve also had the dreaded p0299 underboost code for almost the same amount of time. Barely makes any boost. I’ve done the preload adjustment, replaced the boost solenoid, pressure checked for any leaks, and I’m waiting for my GFB blow off valve to arrive in the mail to see if that’s my fix. I’m praying this will fix my problem. So if I’m lucky enough to get in the scenario where I have a car that now has boost and runs without having to be shut off every 5 miles, do I just sell it before I’m plagued with one of the darts other diseases, or do I keep giving the car the benifit of the doubt? I’ve had to do too much to this car already and at this point it’s been sitting in my driveway for the last 3 months cause I got tired of driving it with all its turbo problems. I like the car, spent time painting it and decking out the interior and I enjoy it when it runs right, but I’ve also let it hold me back from a lot of things in life and I don’t think a car is worth doing that. Assuming I finally get the turbo system fixed, how likely is there to be an issue with it again? Thanks I’m advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's already caused this many problems.....get rid of it.
I agree, if its been so much trouble AND you are not upside down, dump out. I wouldn't carry more than a grand of negative equity over to a new one if you are financing. Sorry its been an issue.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I really doubt you put all that work into the car while thinking im gonna sell this bitch!

Its one of those things where you gotta ask yourself if you actually like the car or not...You wont get much for it unfortunatly so if you're this far in and have another vehicle then why not keep it? On the other hand if you're getting into arguments with the wife/gf or whatever over spending too much time on it get rid of it. No car is worth effing up a relationship.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Try to get yourself into a Dart GT. You will never get tired of driving it. I smile just knowing it's in my driveway and know it will last bare minimum to 175,000 miles without any engine or transmission issues. Frankly, the body will rust out before the powertrain fails.

A 2013 turbo Dart is Russian Roulette. You either get one that works fine, or you get one with endless issues. If you have the DDCT transmission it's even worse. My .02 cents.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
Location? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at fixing a 1.4 if the price is right. Nice rare color too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Location? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at fixing a 1.4 if the price is right. Nice rare color too.
This, right here is the right response! Those look like CA plates (could be wrong washington looks similar at that angle) and if you do sell it to a private party post it on here please.

I might even consider it as a project...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to mention it’s a 6 speed so luckily no ddct. Thanks alpine green. I’m in Northern California. I actually painted the car that color so it’s a one of a kind. Also I’m not upside down in the car yet thankfully considering I picked the car up for $1600 with a blown head gasket at 109,xxx miles. Never overheated and everything was fine when I took the motor apart. Pretty much rebuilt the entire top half of the motor. The underboost code was stored in the pcm before I fixed the car and the previous owner had told me it was having problems left and right and by the 1” tall stack of service records he gave me I believed him. But he also had all the work done by quality shops so any issues there don’t concern me. I replaced the old turbo with a new to the car used turbo (2013 as well unfortunately). I thought that was the Forsure reason for my turbo problems but as it turned out it wasn’t. Just hoping I can get this bad boy boosting otherwise I will have to just dump it on someone. Thanks for all the fast replies !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parabola you are right! California plates Forsure. The gfb diverter valve just came in today so once valentine uhmm “activities” are over I am eager to see if that is my fix. If not I’m sure it will be going up for sale here soon as I’m looking to move a couple hours north. So I will definitely give the Dart forum the first go at the car!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Parabola you are right! California plates Forsure. The gfb diverter valve just came in today so once valentine uhmm “activities” are over I am eager to see if that is my fix. If not I’m sure it will be going up for sale here soon as I’m looking to move a couple hours north. So I will definitely give the Dart forum the first go at the car!
Hallmark...shakes fist!

Hopefully that's it and you get your car back where it runs forever, but if not there seems to be interested parties here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update. So I installed the gfb diverter valve and it does seem to be driving better. When accelerating to highway speeds it doesn’t throw the p0299 code as often and go into limp mode, although it still did a few times. I’ve heard about having to relearn the car so it will know it’s fixed?? I guess baby it until it relearns how to drive with boost again? Anyway I removed the battery and I’m gonna let it sit for a few days and then baby the back roads to work with it to see if that helps. I included a picture of the Mac boost soloniod I installed on it. I just mocked it up in the picture to see if that is the correct way to have the lines hooked up. I positapped the electrical wires to the cars electrical connector and then plugged the little vent on top of the air hose line. #3 port on the soloniod has a line going to the wastegate pod and the #2 is going to the little port on the bottom part of the turbo underneath where the air hose connects to the turbo. Sorry this has become a p0299 troubleshoot thread now. Just want to be able to driver this thing haha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts