Dodge Dart Forum banner

261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
4 of ???. Of course, have no idea how many other "Black" paint tones were used, so " very specifically" it may be unique, but... Also, my rims are silver/aluminum, not "hyper black". Don't know if records are wrong, or if something was changed or repaired and repainted. can was never in an accident, but perhaps original owner liked to "hug" curbs when parking.
"
View attachment 103169
You can buy Mopar PX8 touch-up paint and it's just called "black". It's just FCA's basic, non-metallic black paint. As for your wheels, your profile pic doesn't have a very good angle, but that sure looks like hyper black to me. Despite the name, it's a fairly light shade of gray.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You can buy Mopar PX8 touch-up paint and it's just called "black". It's just FCA's basic, non-metallic black paint. As for your wheels, your profile pic doesn't have a very good angle, but that sure looks like hyper black to me. Despite the name, it's a fairly light shade of gray.
Not a shade of black...unless Hyper Black really means metallic silver.

IMG_20171017_165507-01-01.jpeg

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hyper Black is their version of dark chrome. Compare them to the standard GT rims for 13-15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Funny when I do two seconds of research on the old Google machine, it explains what Hyper Black is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all. I have a 2016 1.4 turbo. I drove from south FL to Orlando to buy her. There was no picture available online. I knew the color and what ever research I did online. When the dealer took me out to the lot to check her out I was really surprised that it had the "hood scoop" looking hood. I know its just for looks and there is no hole in the hood but I did not know that this was an option. My car is pretty base model but how did this hood get on my car?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hyper = above, more than. Hypo = sub, or below, less than. When you’re talking about colors please remember that they, like autism and degrees of hotness, are on a spectrum. Ultraviolet does mean “really, really purple.” Hyper Black means not quite as low on the color spectrum as black. Think of Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.

Hello all. I have a 2016 1.4 turbo. I drove from south FL to Orlando to buy her. There was no picture available online. I knew the color and what ever research I did online. When the dealer took me out to the lot to check her out I was really surprised that it had the "hood scoop" looking hood. I know its just for looks and there is no hole in the hood but I did not know that this was an option. My car is pretty base model but how did this hood get on my car?
I have the sport hood on my 2016 Turbo, also. I think that’s how all of the ‘16s with a turbo mill were built. (No factual evidence, anecdotal only. There are very likely turbos with the boring, flat hood rolling around that were built in 2016, too.)

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Some cars came standard with it, especially towards the end of production. You can get a kit from Mopar that makes that scoop functional.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my response in 3 hours. 1 of 13

Dear John:

Thank you for contacting the Mopar Customer Assistance Center.

In the 2016 model year, there were 13 (including/as your own) 2016 DODGE
DART GT SPORT FOUR-DOOR SEDANS manufactured in the same paint color and
built with the following equipment, options and groups (configurations)
in the United States. They included:

ED8- 2.4L I4 PZEV M-Air Engine
DA4- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
PVP- Go Mango
*YL GT Leather Seat w/Accent Stitching
-X9 Black interior
AGCP Blacktop Package
ALU Premium Group
APAS Monotone Paint
ASUS GT Group
MC9S Sport Appearance Hood
RCGS 6 Speakers
RE2S Uconnect 3 with 8.4" Display
WPTP 18x7.5 Gloss Blk 10-Spoke Alum Wheel

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Sanders

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah I would love to have that setup but about it costing an arm and a leg...

I already have the required "Mopar Cold Air Intake" box on my car, but when you factor in I have to buy the tube ($220ish) and the hood (depending on where you get it usually around 600+) not including paint... It does cost an arm and a leg. But great for you because you don't have to buy the hood!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am trying to find out about mine, it won't even let me fill out the information telling me to enter my mileage and then won't accept it. I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye bought it brand new and had 22,800 miles. I don't get if they don't think it's enough miles or what but won't accept that. What should I do?

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Is that a fact? Im going on Mopar now to take a look. Probably cost an arm and a leg.
My 2016 GT came with the sport hood. I added the MOPAR cold air and ram air induction hood piece. Cost was about 350.00 for parts and dealer installed for 75.00.

I emailed Dodge to see how unique my car is. I've never seen its twin in 3 years of ownership.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts