Dodge Dart Forum banner

241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
It basically added some black accents and gloss black 18" wheels and mirrors to the 2014-2016 Rallye package. It's found in some other Dodge models as well. Other than the 18" wheels (which apparently became 17" black wheels when they revised the 2016 lineup mid model year), it is entirely cosmetic. It was an inexpensive way to upgrade your Rallye to 18" wheels, since the Blacktop Package was cheap. As long as you wanted painted gloss black wheels, that is.
They also remove the model badge (SXT) and there's a very slight tint to the windows.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
They also remove the model badge (SXT) and there's a very slight tint to the windows.
All cars have slightly tinted OEM glass (ie. the glass itself is permanently tinted). I'm not sure about the US, but in Canada that tint regulated by the federal government and only allows for very mild tint (except for a few inches at the top of the windshield). From my recollection of reading about this before, OEM windows (in Canada) are typically already near the maximum tint level.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
All cars have slightly tinted OEM glass (ie. the glass itself is permanently tinted). I'm not sure about the US, but in Canada that tint regulated by the federal government and only allows for very mild tint (except for a few inches at the top of the windshield). From my recollection of reading about this before, OEM windows (in Canada) are typically already near the maximum tint level.
Not all, but possibly all darts. In the US at least

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just sent off on my 2015 GT! Hopefully they are quick, as they usually are with me.

Also, on the note of the window "tint". My sisters SWEAR my windows are already tinted, they aren't. I don't know if it's a different kind of glass or what. I know that my sisters 200 states on the glass that it's 70%. Maybe it's the same in the Dart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Just sent off on my 2015 GT! Hopefully they are quick, as they usually are with me.

Also, on the note of the window "tint". My sisters SWEAR my windows are already tinted, they aren't. I don't know if it's a different kind of glass or what. I know that my sisters 200 states on the glass that it's 70%. Maybe it's the same in the Dart?
The Dart definitely uses OEM tinted glass. You can tell pretty easily if you roll the window down part of the way.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Finally decided to do mine, eons after the wreck that totaled Jace.. 4 years ago.
In the 2013 model year, there were 8 (including your own) 2013 DODGE
DART LIMITED FOUR-DOOR SEDANS manufactured in the same color paint and
built with the same equipment, options and groups (configurations) in
the United States. Each included:

DE1- 6-Speed C635 Manual Transmission
PCL- Blue Streak Pearl Coat
*G7 Limited Leather Seats
-X9 Black interior
ADG Technology Group
ADUP Limited Group
ANF Premium Group
EAF 1.4L I4 16V MultiAir Turbo Engine
RB5 Uconnect 3 NAV with 8.4" Display
RC3 9 Alpine Speakers w/Subwoofer
WFKS 17X7.5 Aluminum Wheels
So.. eight, total. I don't think any could've been made after that, because Sun&Sound became a thing. I didn't have a sun-roof, but I had the sound system."
~~
As for the tint thing; it's a very light UV coating, not a tint, per-sey. It's just to protect the interior panels from fading etc.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Finally decided to do mine, eons after the wreck that totaled Jace.. 4 years ago.

So.. eight, total. I don't think any could've been made after that, because Sun&Sound became a thing. I didn't have a sun-roof, but I had the sound system.
It is impossible to have a 2013 Limited or SXT that is configured identically to a 2014+. The 2013s had the 2.0L and 1.4T engines and the 2014+ only offered the 2.4L engine. Sun & Sound was also introduced with the 2014 model. It turns out that offering 6 different trim levels, multiple engine and transmission choices, and a bunch of stand-alone options wasn't the liberating experience Dodge marketed it as. People found the Dart to be confusing and bewildering for 2013.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
It is impossible to have a 2013 Limited or SXT that is configured identically to a 2014+. The 2013s had the 2.0L and 1.4T engines and the 2014+ only offered the 2.4L engine. Sun & Sound was also introduced with the 2014 model. It turns out that offering 6 different trim levels, multiple engine and transmission choices, and a bunch of stand-alone options wasn't the liberating experience Dodge marketed it as. People found the Dart to be confusing and bewildering for 2013.
Well, for the Limited anyway. I'm pretty sure the SE still had the 2L, the Aero had the 1.4L & the 2.4 was introduced as an option for anything SXT and above. I'm pretty sure it wasn't until 2015 that they nearly removed the 1.4L from options outside of Aero, iirc.

Personally, I loved the individual options. Because of Sun&Sound I will never be able to own a newer Dart than what I had. My bf can't fit in there with a sunroof, and I like my sound package. That said, I think it was more 'bewildering' to the dealers, since they do the ordering. 99% of buyers don't order their own build, they take something off the lot. So Dealers had "too many options" to click when ordering their inventory. I think that's what really happened. A lot of 2013 hesitancy was also because the first examples only came with a manual transmission. In the US, where auto is king (at least sales-wise), that was a stupid idea. lol

As for trim levels, you should see what the dodge page has right now for the (7) trim levels of Dart: GT; GTsport; SXT; SXTsport; Limited; Aero; Turbo. None have prices, of course because the Dart is done, but still.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts

So.. eight, total. I don't think any could've been made after that, because Sun&Sound became a thing. I didn't have a sun-roof, but I had the sound system.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, for the Limited anyway. I'm pretty sure the SE still had the 2L, the Aero had the 1.4L & the 2.4 was introduced as an option for anything SXT and above. I'm pretty sure it wasn't until 2015 that they nearly removed the 1.4L from options outside of Aero, iirc.

Personally, I loved the individual options. Because of Sun&Sound I will never be able to own a newer Dart than what I had. My bf can't fit in there with a sunroof, and I like my sound package. That said, I think it was more 'bewildering' to the dealers, since they do the ordering. 99% of buyers don't order their own build, they take something off the lot. So Dealers had "too many options" to click when ordering their inventory. I think that's what really happened. A lot of 2013 hesitancy was also because the first examples only came with a manual transmission. In the US, where auto is king (at least sales-wise), that was a stupid idea. lol

As for trim levels, you should see what the dodge page has right now for the (7) trim levels of Dart: GT; GTsport; SXT; SXTsport; Limited; Aero; Turbo. None have prices, of course because the Dart is done, but still.
I agree with this. Also with the Dart being a new model the dealers were not sure what the customers would want. Most dealer can tell you from sales history what a Caravan buyer wants or what an Altima buyer wants. Even if the vehicle changes through the years it it possible. The Dart was new and like mentioned confusing to dealers and customers. I remember looking at them when they first came out and trying to decide which engine was which especially with the HP being so close.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I agree with this. Also with the Dart being a new model the dealers were not sure what the customers would want. Most dealer can tell you from sales history what a Caravan buyer wants or what an Altima buyer wants. Even if the vehicle changes through the years it it possible. The Dart was new and like mentioned confusing to dealers and customers. I remember looking at them when they first came out and trying to decide which engine was which especially with the HP being so close.
Ha, yeah, the first time I read the specs for the Dart I was like "Wait, WTF, do these engines both have the same power output?" Then I realized that while yes, they both made 160hp (which is quite good for a 2.0L DOHC engine), the 2.0 made 148lb-ft and the 1.4 made 184lb-ft. When I read over them quickly, they both looked like the same torque spec. It was a deliberate decision on Dodge's part to make all the option a-la-carte on the Dart. They made it part of their marketing strategy. It turns out that when you have literally millions of ways to build a car, it's more likely to make people cry than to make them buy.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts

After 2013, the 2.0L engine was only available in the SE and the 1.4T was only available in the Aero. I still recall that the change that apparently pissed everybody off the most was the removal of the SD card slot. I remember several people coming on the forums asking about it and then claiming that they never would have bought the car if they'd known it didn't have the SD card slot. I always thought that was pretty funny and that those people would probably be better off not buying a car. Or maybe it was me who I thought would be better off if they hadn't bought a car. :wink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
12 hour turn around!!! 1 of 141. So unique, but not all that rare! Still had an extremely difficult time finding one like it, I had to drive all the way from outside Fort Wayne, IN to Milwaukee to get it used. It was impossible to find a GT that had the HID option without the stupid tech package I didn't want. Mine is a 7/1/15 build so I'd imagine mine is probably #141 as they switched over to 2016 not long after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 of 33!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
4 of ???. Of course, have no idea how many other "Black" paint tones were used, so " very specifically" it may be unique, but... Also, my rims are silver/aluminum, not "hyper black". Don't know if records are wrong, or if something was changed or repaired and repainted. can was never in an accident, but perhaps original owner liked to "hug" curbs when parking.
"
unique.jpg

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
If you search there was a post about production numbers. There were 3202 pitch black Dart GT's made in 2014.

241 - 260 of 287 Posts