Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a fender bender ahem hit a pole. Rough story and i don't want to talk about it. Anyways, there's a chip out of the bumper and a dent in the fender, after i replaced everything else.
Rock auto wants 1800 for shipping which isn't happening, and i wasn't a fan of buying new plastics anyways. I was thinking bondo, but i've never done it. I haven't really tried doing anything like this in the past, cause i've always owned beaters. Dent it oh well, its just another. I'm open so hit me with some ideas

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
If you had the plastic piece that broke off, you could have heat welded it back together. The dent has to be done by a body shop or you get luckey at a self serve junkyard and find a white fender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the fender might be done for, but is there like a kit to work with the bumper? Fiberglass mold or something?

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Heat welding is best because you use the same type of plastic and you do it all from underneath. Not all plastic bumpers are the same plastic. You would need a chunk of bumper plastic from a wrecked Dart. Fiberglass will not stick after a while. Same with Bondo.

·
Registered
2016 GT 2.4L AT
94 Posts
Heat welding is best because you use the same type of plastic and you do it all from underneath. Not all plastic bumpers are the same plastic. You would need a chunk of bumper plastic from a wrecked Dart. Fiberglass will not stick after a while. Same with Bondo.
When you take the bumper off, there will be a large letter stamp like "ABS" or "SMU" or something like that. There are kits available like an epoxy that will work as long as you match the kit material to the material the bumper is made of..it is absolutely necessary to match the two!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts