Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw this issue discussed a while back. But, for the life of me, I can't find that thread.

Anyways, here's the issue:
Sometimes while I'm driving, the car will suddenly feel like someone tapped the brakes hard. After this, I immediately experience a severe loss of power to the engine. If I press the gas pedal all the way down, in any gear, the car is extremely slow to accelerate. No CEL codes are thrown. If I turn off the car, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on, the issue goes away and my car drives like normal.

The issue seems to be random. It happens once every few weeks. There doesn't seem to be any relation to driving conditions, speed, or anything else from what I can tell.

My car is a 2013 Dart Limited, 1.4L engine, manual transmission, no engine mods.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm not sure if this holds true for the 1.4's, but in the 2.4L the first thing is to always make sure your oil level is normal. That is notorious for throwing into limp mode. Also, if it happens again, throw a scanner on it. While your CEL may not be lit/active, the system could have a "pending" code. In sure there are others more familiar with the 1.4 platform that can add some more/better assistance.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil levels are normal. I'll check when I get home if there are any pending codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts