Dodge Dart Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts
had mine done on Tuesday, you can easily see the design change in the vacuum hose once you pop the hood. they added some sort of reservoir to the vacuum line.

BUT now something extremely odd is happening with my Dart that feels like a very bad issue...

now after the recall, when i come to a complete stop, after about 1 second of being stopped with my foot on the brake, I get a really really odd vibration/sensation in the brake pedal for about 2-3 seconds. Then it stops once the engine drops into it's lowest idle point. seems to get worse as the car warms up/as the brakes are used more. almost feels like lagging fluid or a lagging actuator somewhere that drags it's process out after the car comes to a complete stop.

anyone else with the recall experience this?
This worries me as I am scheduled to have my hoses replaced this Saturday (I went in last Saturday and after waiting an hour, they told me they did not have the hoses in stock!). They at least did confirm it was just the hoses that need to be replaced. I also think they slightly crushed one of my rocker panels in one spot but don't have proof plus you have to almost be under the car to see it. My very first experience at a Dodge dealer reinforces what all of you say about them...

Reactions: Delta Dart
This worries me as I am scheduled to have my hoses replaced this Saturday (I went in last Saturday and after waiting an hour, they told me they did not have the hoses in stock!). They at least did confirm it was just the hoses that need to be replaced. I also think they slightly crushed one of my rocker panels in one spot but don't have proof plus you have to almost be under the car to see it. My very first experience at a Dodge dealer reinforces what all of you say about them...
recall is 2 part:

if they remove the vacuum tube and they find oil in it, they replace the brake booster as well as install a newly designed tube.

if they remove the vacuum tube and find no oil, they just install the newly designed tube.

Is the car still reving down? from what i can tell the vaccum pump is attached to the crankshaft so maybe that new design has some sort of valve flutter as the car is reeving down.
yes, sensation happens while the car makes it's final rev down after braking and stops as soon as it levels out.

It feels like something is lagging during that whole process, so I hope this new vacuum tube isn't causing vacuum issues with pressure... i.e.: if it's more of a choke point than the previous one and doesn't allow the vacuum to even out as quickly. I will call my dealership today.

@youngsmith53 is the only auto i know that hasnt gone though this that could/would put the time into a detailed feedback.
I'm putting it off as long as I can, I really really really don't want to go to the dealership... With that being said, @EMount91, when I get this recall work done I will reach out to you as well as the community with my initial findings.

recall is 2 part:

if they remove the vacuum tube and they find oil in it, they replace the brake booster as well as install a newly designed tube.

if they remove the vacuum tube and find no oil, they just install the newly designed tube.

yes, sensation happens while the car makes it's final rev down after braking and stops as soon as it levels out.

It feels like something is lagging during that whole process, so I hope this new vacuum tube isn't causing vacuum issues with pressure... i.e.: if it's more of a choke point than the previous one and doesn't allow the vacuum to even out as quickly. I will call my dealership today.
What was upsetting is that I was told prior to the appointment they had the hose in stock and would replace it the same day if it was just the hose. Well it was just the hose and they apparently "Ran out of them". I might just not go back and forget about it until I see more feedback here on the org about it.

What was upsetting is that I was told prior to the appointment they had the hose in stock and would replace it the same day if it was just the hose. Well it was just the hose and they apparently "Ran out of them". I might just not go back and forget about it until I see more feedback here on the org about it.
If you look at the links I posted previously that break down the entire process for the dealer, the dealer orders a single "kit" for this recall that contains the required parts. It's unlikely that they could "run out of them", since they aren't stock items and would be ordered for specific vehicles as needed.

If you look at the links I posted previously that break down the entire process for the dealer, the dealer orders a single "kit" for this recall that contains the required parts. It's unlikely that they could "run out of them", since they aren't stock items and would be ordered for specific vehicles as needed.
I agree that's why it was infuriating for them to tell me they ran out when I talked to them a week earlier and they were ordering the parts specifically for my car.

Reactions: jsblanch
Ugh... when I brought mine in last week I had no chance to talk to anyone about being careful with the rocker panels. In fact I got bad vibes overall from that particular dealer, so I canceled my appointment and will likely take it back to the dealer where I bought it even though they're an hour's drive away.

Maybe so, but I've also fallen prey to them looking up the recall, booking an appointment, to only have them drop the "we ran out of them", or "we have no parts" line on me when I've brought my car in.

Maybe so, but I've also fallen prey to them looking up the recall, booking an appointment, to only have them drop the "we ran out of them", or "we have no parts" line on me when I've brought my car in.
I can't even see the purpose of them doing this. They're businesses and behaving this way is just all-around bad for business.

I got a bad vibe from this dealer the moment I walked in so what they did was not surprising. I really don't want to take my car back there ever again, I have my own trusted mechanic that I have had for years already right near me. They already did my rim/tire/tpms swap without a hitch for my new wheels and since they are a performance exhaust shop, will also be doing that soon as well.

I got a bad vibe from this dealer the moment I walked in so what they did was not surprising. I really don't want to take my car back there ever again, I have my own trusted mechanic that I have had for years already right near me. They already did my rim/tire/tpms swap without a hitch for my new wheels and since they are a performance exhaust shop, will also be doing that soon as well.
That's always good, and those aren't things you would really need a dealership for anyway. But unfortunately, a safety recall can only be completed by an authorized service facility, which is a dealership.

That's always good, and those aren't things you would really need a dealership for anyway. But unfortunately, a safety recall can only be completed by an authorized service facility, which is a dealership.
Yes unfortunately this is the case. I could try to find a better dealer in my area though.

Yes unfortunately this is the case. I could try to find a better deal in my area though.
I'm lucky, there are piles of dealerships within reasonable driving distance of where I live. When the dealer that I bought my Dart from managed to botch an oil change (it's 4 quarts for a 1.4T and 5 is not "better" than 4), it was no trouble for me to find a new dealer that is pretty good. It's too bad, too. The weekend after that botch job and atrocious customer service, I bought a brand new Grand Caravan for my wife. I bought it at my new dealer.

i might have figured out a fix for my issue, but I do not want to get excited until I drive it for at least a good 2 weeks.

let's just say the solution is really fuckin stupid, and im guessing most people who get the recall will have this issue. the people who designed the tube definitely werent thinking or were rushing to get it out to the public.

i might have figured out a fix for my issue, but I do not want to get excited until I drive it for at least a good 2 weeks.

let's just say the solution is really fuckin stupid, and im guessing most people who get the recall will have this issue. the people who designed the tube definitely werent thinking or were rushing to get it out to the public.
care to share there pathfinder?

FCA's solution to brake failure is zip ties...great
don't get confused now, they replaced the brake booster vacuum line with one that is safer, but because of THAT design, I started getting flutter in the brake pedal 1-2 seconds AFTER coming to a complete stop. so zip ties don't fix the brake failure, the vacuum tube does. the zip ties fix a side effect of the safer vacuum tube.

so here are the pictures of newly designed tube (1st, 2nd, and 3rd pictures) and here is my remedy to the flutter in the pedal (4th picture):

Attachments

101 - 120 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.