Dodge Dart Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts
Can you ask for a copy of the procedure or the TSB and what parts they are swapping on yours as well? making sure its just that one hose.
@DodgeCACares
Do you have a copy of the TSB you can post for this?
Did you know that the dealer service procedure is one of the documents that the NHTSA posts on their site as a matter of public record. There's a fair bit of transparency around these things if you're willing to dig. Here is the PDF file:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM517485/RCMN-15V800-6200.pdf

If you want a list of all NHTSA documents related to this recall (FCA Recall # R63 / NHTSA Recall # 15V-800), they are here (click where it says "20 Associated Documents"):

| Safercar | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Well, I went in at 9am to have my Dart taken care of, but then they dropped a bomb on me and told me they don't give out loaner vehicles. I told them I'm stuck here then, so how long was it going to take? The check-in dude went back into the shop, came back out and told me they wouldn't be looking at it until sometime in the afternoon. What the flying f***??? I then told them I would need to reschedule and left. Here we go again... dealing not with a bad car, but a bad network of car dealers. The document @jsblanch linked to above specifically tells dealers to have loaner vehicles ready if need be, but I guess these guys didn't get the memo. I'll have to call around and see which Dodge dealers in my area actually have service loaners, because I can't afford to waste an entire day sipping bad coffee and reading the same issue of National Geographic over and over.

Well, I went in at 9am to have my Dart taken care of, but then they dropped a bomb on me and told me they don't give out loaner vehicles. I told them I'm stuck here then, so how long was it going to take? The check-in dude went back into the shop, came back out and told me they wouldn't be looking at it until sometime in the afternoon. What the flying f***??? I then told them I would need to reschedule and left. Here we go again... dealing not with a bad car, but a bad network of car dealers. The document @jsblanch linked to above specifically tells dealers to have loaner vehicles ready if need be, but I guess these guys didn't get the memo. I'll have to call around and see which Dodge dealers in my area actually have service loaners, because I can't afford to waste an entire day sipping bad coffee and reading the same issue of National Geographic over and over.
Do dealers still have their own loaners? That seems like a big liability for them. I know when my TCM replacement couldn't be completed (bad replacement part), the dealer hooked me up with a nearby Enterprise that they obviously have a relationship with. The only restriction was that it had to be an FCA rental vehicle in order for them to have FCA reimburse them for it. Enterprise just sent their shuttle over to the dealership to get me (and one other customer who was getting a rental), and then shuttled me to the dealership when I brought the car back.

The Subaru dealer where my wife bought her Impreza hands out their own loaners, and when her car went in last month we drove a 2015 Forester around for a few days. I see dealer service loaners driving around all the time (you can tell because they have "SERVICE LOANER" in huge letters right on the rear window). This dealer was willing to let me test-drive an Avenger for an entire weekend back when I was getting ready to buy my Dart, but I guess if they're not trying to sell you something they don't want you driving around in their cars while yours is laid up in their shop.

I told them either give me my car back or give me a loaner as I was military and couldn't just not show to work. After some groaning they finally gave me a rental. This was when my car somehow "caught fire" and shot out 8 different codes during a routine oil change.

I told them either give me my car back or give me a loaner as I was military and couldn't just not show to work. After some groaning they finally gave me a rental. This was when my car somehow "caught fire" and shot out 8 different codes during a routine oil change.
So they thanked you for your service by committing arson on your car? How nice of them.

well, had my car at a dealer for a p0520 error code and they changed the oil pressure sensor switch ( again) had them look at this recall, noted that the parts are backordered and and then sent me on my way. Here in Canada, they are saying 1 1/2 to 2 months for the part. When I talked to the service manager about the recall, he seemed to know little about it. Since I have had intermittent clutch pedal issues, I suggested they will need to do a complete flush of all the hydraulic fluid when they have it in.
Hopefully, new fluid will help on the clutch pedal issues ( varying free play from the floor and once stuck at the ground) and never a condition they can find when i take it in.

Does anyone think that this migrating oil contaminating the brake fluid , could also be affecting our manual clutch operation?? ( I thought i saw a post that someone had changed their Brake fluid and found the clutch pedal performed better afterward.) My vehicle is at 76 thousand KM and the brake fluid is brown.

ONce they get that recall done, I will be doing the clutch delay valve delete.

well, had my car at a dealer for a p0520 error code and they changed the oil pressure sensor switch ( again) had them look at this recall, noted that the parts are backordered and and then sent me on my way. Here in Canada, they are saying 1 1/2 to 2 months for the part. When I talked to the service manager about the recall, he seemed to know little about it. Since I have had intermittent clutch pedal issues, I suggested they will need to do a complete flush of all the hydraulic fluid when they have it in.
Hopefully, new fluid will help on the clutch pedal issues ( varying free play from the floor and once stuck at the ground) and never a condition they can find when i take it in.

Does anyone think that this migrating oil contaminating the brake fluid , could also be affecting our manual clutch operation?? ( I thought i saw a post that someone had changed their Brake fluid and found the clutch pedal performed better afterward.) My vehicle is at 76 thousand KM and the brake fluid is brown.

ONce they get that recall done, I will be doing the clutch delay valve delete.
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...238-clutch-pedal-issues-stuck-down-floor.html
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dey...6-dart-mtx-clutch-delay-valve-delete-kit.html

Thanks, I have read those posts and have already received the Delay valve delete kit. ( just not installed yet)

Any chance you could offer an opinion on my question about the fluid deterioration from the vacuum line impacting the clutch action ?

had mine done on Tuesday, you can easily see the design change in the vacuum hose once you pop the hood. they added some sort of reservoir to the vacuum line.

BUT now something extremely odd is happening with my Dart that feels like a very bad issue...

now after the recall, when i come to a complete stop, after about 1 second of being stopped with my foot on the brake, I get a really really odd vibration/sensation in the brake pedal for about 2-3 seconds. Then it stops once the engine drops into it's lowest idle point. seems to get worse as the car warms up/as the brakes are used more. almost feels like lagging fluid or a lagging actuator somewhere that drags it's process out after the car comes to a complete stop.

anyone else with the recall experience this?

had mine done on Tuesday, you can easily see the design change in the vacuum hose once you pop the hood. they added some sort of reservoir to the vacuum line.

BUT now something extremely odd is happening with my Dart that feels like a very bad issue...

now after the recall, when i come to a complete stop, after about 1 second of being stopped with my foot on the brake, I get a really really odd vibration/sensation in the brake pedal for about 2-3 seconds. Then it stops once the engine drops into it's lowest idle point. seems to get worse as the car warms up/as the brakes are used more. almost feels like lagging fluid or a lagging actuator somewhere that drags it's process out after the car comes to a complete stop.

anyone else with the recall experience this?
Is your car a manual or automatic?

Is your car a manual or automatic?
PowerTech auto.

furthermore, I only experience this sensation in Drive (or tiptronic obviously). haven't felt it when braking in reverse yet or while holding the brake in neutral.

again, this happens after the car is already completely stopped, no other part of the braking process feels different.

PowerTech auto.

furthermore, I only experience this sensation in Drive (or tiptronic obviously). haven't felt it when braking in reverse yet or while holding the brake in neutral.

again, this happens after the car is already completely stopped, no other part of the braking process feels different.
I would go back to the dealer and have them experience it. I am sure you are over your 36,000 mile warranty or at least your 3 year. But this seems to be connected to your recall work that was just done. It's possible something was not done right, and you should have them first drive it and experience the same feeling you do. If they want to be knuckle heads, be sure they have an auto dart on the lot to also take out to "compare" the feelings. I am sure they will try and blame you for something, or charge you, but I would definitely go back and have them diognos it. If it has been fine for thousands of miles, and now it just started doing it after warranty work (which was directly effecting the brake booster and breaking system), then that seems a little odd.

Is the car still reving down? from what i can tell the vaccum pump is attached to the crankshaft so maybe that new design has some sort of valve flutter as the car is reeving down.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.