Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Take a seat because if these rumors coming out of the FCA Dealer show come to fruition, Mopar fans are in for one hell of a ride. Keep in mind folks these are just rumors, but the 'leaks' coming out of there are turning into a huge plumbing problem.

Here we go......

Dodge

• Redesigned Charger, supposedly draws inspiration from 1999's Charger concept car, possible arrival mid-2017, Looks "AWESOME".
  • Two new Challenger models are coming. Challenger ADR (American Drag Racer) and T/A. ADR has 315's on all 4 corners, 1,000HP, unveil had it coming out of a cage. T/A is a road course car, upgraded suspension, no rear seat.
  • Legendary Barracuda possibly be revived as a Dodge, lighter and smaller than Challenger, offered as coupe or convertible.
  • Charger Daytona powered by a 340 Hemi
  • Dodge Durango SRT sporting the 6.4-liter Hemi V8, rear-drive, dealers were shown a B5 Blue. Hot!
  • Dodge will launch a 300HP Turbo charged Dart in R/T and GLH flavors, powered by 1.8 Turbo charged "Hurricane"
Jeep

• Jeep Grand Cherokee was announced with all-wheel drive, powered by Hellcat V8.
  • Grand Wagoneer aimed at Land Rover, mid-2017 release.
Chrysler

• New Chrysler full size SUV, looked awesome, Durango size great design, had stow-and-go

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
You missed the Allpar info there @cereal killer lol

Moparian said:
Ok so lots of news from the dealer show, some unexpected stuff, stuff we kinda knew was coming and confirmation of other things discussed here. They were told everything shown is 12-24 months out from being on the lots.
Jeep
1. Grand Wagoneer is official as expected and will be going after Land Rover.
2. Wrangler was shown at the end of the show, SM specifically mentioned that it will get at least 30 mpg(diesel, but wasn't specifically mentioned) was announced as a 2017.
3.Grand Cherokee Trackhawk- 700 hp, AWD Hellcat powered, 0-60 in under 3 seconds(2.7).
4. New Subcompact Jeep was shown.
5. New Compass is based off the Renegade platform and looks like a mix of the current version and the Grand Cherokee.

Chrysler
1. New SUV/CUV that's bigger than the Durango(possibly shared with the Grand Wagoneer)
2. T&C- plug in hybrid confirmed, much simpler stow and go. As expected the Grand Caravan is done in the US. It will continue on in Canada and the rest of the world.

Ram
1. New Power Wagon, apparently much more focused than the current model
2. They showed the 2018 Ram and I was told it's going to be a game changer. I'm trying to get more details.

Dodge
1. Durango SRT is official. 6.4 RWD
2. They showed the next gen Charger, much more streamlined and takes cues from the 99 Charger R/T concept
3. They showed a street legal Challenger Drag car with some version of the Hellcat making more than 707.
4. Showed the Dart refresh, no SRT version. AWD will be an option. 300 HP engine will be optional across ALL trim levels. Basically you will be able to get the performance with whatever level of equipment you want instead of having to pay for a R/T or SRT.
5. Brand new Cuda coupe and convertible, smaller than the Challenger with modern styling.

My eyes didn't stay for the Fiat part since they don't sell them. He did say that the Giulia was there and looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I don't think any real info was given on displacement. They may have been refering to the 1.7T in the Alfa 4C, assuming that'd be used in the Dart. We don't know for certain yet.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Truth to these rumors or truth that these rumored cars will show up on dealer lots?
Truth that the cars shown in the metal(or clay) will be in dealers between 12&24mos from now, and the information shown about the others.

No we don't know which ones are which 100% because people would understandably like to keep their jobs and be included on next year's show.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I really hope the Dart GLH becomes a reality. This C&D article sheds a bit more light onto the car. Rumor Has it Dodge Will Make a Dart GLH! ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog .....The article states that the GLH "upgrade would be available across all Dart trim levels with pricing starting at $20k. I'm not quite sure what this means. Let's say there will be 3 trims (SE, SXT & GT) for the new Dart...This implies a GLH package would be available at each level, which seems odd (mainly for a base SE model). One would think GLH would be it's own trim with specific standard equip and a few options. The current Dart SE starts around $16,500 (MSRP)....I would assume the extra $3500 for the GLH package gets you the turbo engine and all the hardware to support it.....nothing more (no tech)

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I really hope the Dart GLH becomes a reality. This C&D article sheds a bit more light onto the car. Rumor Has it Dodge Will Make a Dart GLH! ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog .....The article states that the GLH "upgrade would be available across all Dart trim levels with pricing starting at $20k. I'm not quite sure what this means. Let's say there will be 3 trims (SE, SXT & GT) for the new Dart...This implies a GLH package would be available at each level, which seems odd (mainly for a base SE model). One would think GLH would be it's own trim with specific standard equip and a few options. The current Dart SE starts around $16,500 (MSRP)....I would assume the extra $3500 for the GLH package gets you the turbo engine and all the hardware to support it.....nothing more (no tech)
The reality is that C&D probably knows as much as we do about the Dart GLH. FCA plays things very close to the vest and have released pretty much zero official information publicly regarding the future of the Dart since that last 5 year plan, whenever that was. Only a handful of people likely know for certain what is actually in the works, they aren't going to be talking about it, and those plans are subject to change without anybody every really knowing about it. Dodge has made a number of Dart concepts that were put on display only to promptly disappear, never to be spoken of again. The only one that we even know was functional is the 210 GTS Tribute (there were 2 of them, a manual and an automatic), but after much fanfare it also just disappeared without a word. I will remain skeptical of the very existence of these GLH and SRT models, and any details pertaining to them, until they are available to purchase from a dealership with price tags and spec sheets stuck to them. These cars do not exist yet, and there is nothing at all to suggest that Dodge or FCA have any particular love or vision for the Dart.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My question is...Why even bother with these concepts then? It seems like a waste of time if they don't plan on implementing any of this stuff in a production model. FCA has yet to do anything serious performance wise with the Dart, yet they keep teasing...why?

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
My question is...Why even bother with these concepts then? It seems like a waste of time if they don't plan on implementing any of this stuff in a production model. FCA has yet to do anything serious performance wise with the Dart, yet they keep teasing...why?
I've wondered that myself. They've put in the R&D, developed performance parts, and then shelved most of them. They've developed at least one 210hp tune for the 2.4L engine (the GTS 210 and Scatpack) and performance suspension and brakes (also scat pack), promised to release them, and then... *POOF* they vanished.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
My mole in auburn hills has never teased me with any dart rumors. I promise you guys that I will be posting the very next minute something good related to the dart comes across my plate :=)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Don't hold your breath for any sort of performance out of the current Dart. The Hurricane has been delayed another 1-2 years so the GLH package we were all excited for is dead. There is a reason besides the Hurricane delay for all of this as well. Lets just say Dodge will be putting some big boy pants on the Dart when the current version gets replaced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts