Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disconnected the battery, and removed the Blootooth module. Ran a proxy alignment resulting in an ABS failure and HVAC failure.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Newspaper

ABS codes:
  • U0420 "Invalid Data Received From Power Steering Control Module"
  • C15E9 "DYNAMIC STEERING TORQUE REQUEST DENIED"
Communication Device Font Screenshot Material property Portable communications device

Power Steering:
  • C0051 "Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Missing calibration. Last test completed unsuccessfully. Error present"
  • U0415
Product Font Communication Device Screenshot Software

Engine Code:
- U1504 "Implausible Message Data Length Received from Steering Angle Sensor"
All ABS codes all seem to relate to steering angle. Could this be as simple as running an EPS Learn procedure?

No idea why HVAC failed, shows no codes. As seen in the screenshot, the proxy spit out a, "The ECU has detected that the request contains parameters with values outside of allowable range". One thing to note is that the Climate Control touch screen looks different now, showing dual zone controls.

·
Administrator
5,994 Posts
An incomplete PROXI can give some weird codes. Have you tried running it again?
There is a sticky about changing some settings.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An incomplete PROXI can give some weird codes. Have you tried running it again?
There is a sticky about changing some settings.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried clearing the codes and disconnecting the battery, but the abs codes appear permanent. Proxy continues to fail at ABS and turns on the traction control light on dash. Since they are all related to steering wheel position would an EPS learn be worth a shot?

·
Administrator
5,994 Posts

Reactions: Hufman

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, been trying my best to find a sticky on the proxy alignment topic
Changed "Interface timeout from 100ms to 1000ms". Hooked up the battery and ran a proxy, exact same results: ABS Failed, HVAC Failed, same codes as well. I suspect something broke. Oddly enough, I just noticed my dome lights wont turn off. The second I connected the battery they were on, and after locking the car and waiting a few minutes... they never turned off.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disregard my dome light panic, just checked, my light switch was bumped up during assembly. I'll do an EPS learn tomorrow and hope for the best. I will just say, it is odd how every time you connect to the abs module, it lights up the dash with notifications and codes. Seems like it doesn't want to be talked to.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: was not getting any steering angle readings. Completed the EPS Learn and steering angle calibration.
Rectangle Font Slope Line Material property

Cleared codes and now im seeing steering angle readings. Attempted proxy alignment. Abs and hvac continue to fail. No codes in either modules now. Flashing engine light with KOEO

·
Administrator
5,994 Posts
Have you gone into ABS and HVAC to see what codes you are getting there? You may need to get a hold of a Witech scanner which is what a dealer uses.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I fear you may be right. I was getting abs codes from the module as stated earlier, but the eps learn cleared it up. No more codes in either the abs or hvac modules when scanning with alfaoba. Have you seen the removal of the telematics module to cause the hvac proxy to fail?

·
Administrator
5,994 Posts
It may have something to do with having the wiring for the CTM, switches on the steering wheel, and microphone wiring that makes the BCM expect a CTM. There were posts about a custom PROXI using Multiecuscan software in a thread by @Carvin that you might want to check out.

Reactions: Hufman

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
"Heat, ventilation and Air Conditioner (HVAC)... Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameters with values outside of allowable range", was the result of changing, "Heater Ventilation and AC, Type" in the BCM to, "Heater only". Reverted the setting back to, "manual" and proxy completed successfully.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Heat, ventilation and Air Conditioner (HVAC)... Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameters with values outside of allowable range", was the result of changing, "Heater Ventilation and AC, Type" in the BCM to, "Heater only". Reverted the setting back to, "manual" and proxy completed successfully.
One question I have, when you did the proxi alignment, did you have a battery charger hooked up to maintain the voltage around 13-14 bolts? Sop here at the dealer whenever any kind of software change is done. Doing proxi/flash updates with low battery voltage will cause weird problems, as you have experienced. Low battery voltage will also cause update failures, and some modules will get bricked when an flash fails due to low voltage. Btw, many modules will set codes that may seem to be unrelated, the system is setup that way so that when a module has an issue and cannot communicate, other modules will set codes in reference to the module that is not communicating. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One question I have, when you did the proxi alignment, did you have a battery charger hooked up to maintain the voltage around 13-14 volts? Sop here at the dealer whenever any kind of software change is done. Doing proxi/flash updates with low battery voltage will cause weird problems, as you have experienced. Low battery voltage will also cause update failures, and some modules will get bricked when a flash fails due to low voltage. Btw, many modules will set codes that may seem to be unrelated, the system is setup that way so that when a module has an issue and cannot communicate, other modules will set codes in reference to the module that is not communicating. Hope this helps, good luck.
Made a couple of corrections, was on mobile, now on desktop pc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts