Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
I think I am starting to go crazy but I could have sworn my car came with a chrome socket for the lugnuts and had two size options on the back end to put an impact socket on it or what not. Mine is now gone and the dealership thinks I’m stupid and that doesn’t exist for my 2014 dart. Any one else have this socket for OEM lugs and rims? Something like the pic below. A 19mm is too small and a 20mm is too big.
The factory lug bolts are 19mm and the car doesn't come with any kind of socket unless you have the "security" lugs, it which case it has a "key" to turn it. My regular sockets do fit a tiny bit loose, but my 19mm impact socket fits absolutely perfectly.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
Do you have the factory chrome'ish rims? I am starting to wonder if that has something to do with it because I have never been able to remove mine without this socket as the 19mm was slightly too small to go on the lug. I ordered a 19.5mm from Amazon that will be here today so hopefully that fits or I am SOL. This is what my lugs look like.
View attachment 113666
I have Hyperblack wheels, but the lugs look the same. The chrome caps that Chrysler has been using on their lugs for years have been known to swell, though, and that is probably what you are experiencing. I had this issue with my old 2004 Caravan, and I believe some people have had this issue with their Darts.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 2013 Limited, the eBay link pasted here no longer exists. Is there another similar reference?

Mopar/dealership wants $10 per nut. I think that is a horrible high price. Suggestions. I've seen some with a much lower price. Suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.