Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am starting to go crazy but I could have sworn my car came with a chrome socket for the lugnuts and had two size options on the back end to put an impact socket on it or what not. Mine is now gone and the dealership thinks I’m stupid and that doesn’t exist for my 2014 dart. Any one else have this socket for OEM lugs and rims? Something like the pic below. A 19mm is too small and a 20mm is too big.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I think I am starting to go crazy but I could have sworn my car came with a chrome socket for the lugnuts and had two size options on the back end to put an impact socket on it or what not. Mine is now gone and the dealership thinks I’m stupid and that doesn’t exist for my 2014 dart. Any one else have this socket for OEM lugs and rims? Something like the pic below. A 19mm is too small and a 20mm is too big.
The factory lug bolts are 19mm and the car doesn't come with any kind of socket unless you have the "security" lugs, it which case it has a "key" to turn it. My regular sockets do fit a tiny bit loose, but my 19mm impact socket fits absolutely perfectly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory lug bolts are 19mm and the car doesn't come with any kind of socket unless you have the "security" lugs, it which case it has a "key" to turn it. My regular sockets do fit a tiny bit loose, but my 19mm impact socket fits absolutely perfectly.
Do you have the factory chrome'ish rims? I am starting to wonder if that has something to do with it because I have never been able to remove mine without this socket as the 19mm was slightly too small to go on the lug. I ordered a 19.5mm from Amazon that will be here today so hopefully that fits or I am SOL. This is what my lugs look like.
IMG_8049.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Do you have the factory chrome'ish rims? I am starting to wonder if that has something to do with it because I have never been able to remove mine without this socket as the 19mm was slightly too small to go on the lug. I ordered a 19.5mm from Amazon that will be here today so hopefully that fits or I am SOL. This is what my lugs look like.
View attachment 113666
I have Hyperblack wheels, but the lugs look the same. The chrome caps that Chrysler has been using on their lugs for years have been known to swell, though, and that is probably what you are experiencing. I had this issue with my old 2004 Caravan, and I believe some people have had this issue with their Darts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that’s what they were was the swelling of the 19mm. The 19.5mm socket worked great except on one that was bulged in the middle of the edges. The only way I could get that one off was to hammer a 3/4” deep well socket on and ratchet it off. Got all the rotors and brakes replaced now. I have to replace all mine also, can’t have that BS with one day I can’t get my tires off. Thanks for the link, I will check them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts