Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the u connect 8.4 with 6 speakers have a separate amp? or is it all powered from the head unit? Just looking to splice in somewhere and use the line level for amp and add the 3 speakers in the rear deck, thanks.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You could just look to see if it's there. Pretty sure though that only the 10 speaker audio has the amp.

08 - Electrical / 8A - Audio/Video/Entertainment/Connectivity / AMPLIFIER / Description

DESCRIPTION

The optional premium speaker system includes a separate audio power amplifier. The amplifier is an 12 channel matrix surround unit. The amplifier is located inside the instrument panel, above the glove box and toward the outside of the vehicle.

There were 3 possible audio systems:
dartaudiobase.jpg
dartaudiopremium1.jpg
dartaudiopremium2.jpg

·
Registered
765 Posts
does the u connect 8.4 with 6 speakers have a separate amp? or is it all powered from the head unit? Just looking to splice in somewhere and use the line level for amp and add the 3 speakers in the rear deck, thanks.
No factory amp for the 6 speaker, only the 9 speaker Alpine system. The head unit is located up behind the glove box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, i have a 2014 SXT with uconnect 8.4 w/ nav system, yesterday we buy a radio with nav removenfrom.a Rallye with Alpine Amp. After install the new unit, unlock the radio and make the proxy aligment, the radio and nav works perfect, but the volume does not work. it does not rise or fall, it stays in a fixed volume. I understand that I need the amplifier since the Rally had an amplifier. Is there a radio model that does not need an amplifier that has nav? Has anyone been able to use a radio that uses the Alpine amp without having it? Or someone like installing an Amp from the market? I need a Uconnect radio with nav but no amp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts