Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 dodge dart 2.4L rallye on my hands and want to get a Cat Back Exhaust System with a race dump and delete the catalytic converter (Track & Fun use only). My goal is for the loudest sound but wanted to get a Qtp Y Pipe & Electronic Exhaust Cut out to moderate the sound at the flip of a switch, my only concern is that the Exhaust cut out is for the neon and it might have compatibility issues with ecu and computer (Neon didn't have a computer to worry about). Would the cut out damp the sound or would it be pointless either way? Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have a 2015 dodge dart 2.4L rallye on my hands and want to get a Cat Back Exhaust System with a race dump and delete the catalytic converter (Track & Fun use only). My goal is for the loudest sound but wanted to get a Qtp Y Pipe & Electronic Exhaust Cut out to moderate the sound at the flip of a switch, my only concern is that the Exhaust cut out is for the neon and it might have compatibility issues with ecu and computer (Neon didn't have a computer to worry about). Would the cut out damp the sound or would it be pointless either way? Thanks for any advice
any cut out with the correct diameter should fit. Also, unless you really love raspyness and hearing angry bees in a can, dont do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any cut out with the correct diameter should fit. Also, unless you really love raspyness and hearing angry bees in a can, dont do it.
should I keep the catalytic converter in or would it sound better with just the exhaust system?

·
Registered
707 Posts
should I keep the catalytic converter in or would it sound better with just the exhaust system?
If you want to do it properly, get the mpx header+catback and add a cut out between the header and catback or on the catback after the resonator if you want it to be a bit less loud and raspy

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
If you want to do it properly, get the mpx header+catback and add a cut out between the header and catback or on the catback after the resonator if you want it to be a bit less loud and raspy
The cutout has to be where the "catback" bolts on or later, otherwise you will have flames in your engine bay, which is insane.

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
As said above, you are not going to enjoy the LOUDNESS that you get from it. It will be loud, but not a good one. The NAs do not do well when you dump them. Only the turbos. But if that is what you want, then any cut out should work if it's the correct size and installed in the right spot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with JSblanch: install it after the cat. The setup should have a toggle switch or something so you can manually open/close the dump. My neighbor has something similar on his old Buick GS Stage 2. My opinion is that you will lose torque and acceleration and be thoroughly annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts