Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this air induction system adds so much more horsepower compared to a CAI then why do i see nobody using one??

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
If this air induction system adds so much more horsepower compared to a CAI then why do i see nobody using one??
First, "CAI" is short for "Cold Air Induction", and the EC CAI is one of the more popular ones for the Dart. Its main drawback is that it is also probably the most expensive CAI you can buy, especially with the optional ram-air extension. I don't believe that it adds "so much more horsepower" than any other system, or has ever claimed to, but being all silicone it has the advantage of providing much better insulation for the cold air inside the intake from the hot temperatures in the engine bay. Silicone won't conduct heat well at all, and doesn't heat-soak much.

You'd have seen it being discussed a lot more 5-6 years ago, when these forums still had plenty of active build threads and Eurocompulsion (formerly known as HPSI) were an actual supporting vendor. In 2020 the Dart is a long-dead platform that was never very popular, and these forums are now almost exclusively "My Dart has a problem, please help."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently looking to add CAI to my 2013 dart. I have been back and forth over the mopar, K&N, and the eurocompulsion. It would appear eurocompulsion is the superior brand; from my research. You are correct in you do not see many using them, as most videos I find online are for K&N/Mopar. Wish someone who owned one would take a video and briefly address the install and the product for interested buyers like ourselves.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Actually many people own them. They were sold out for years for a reason, it is the best option for the Dart. The Dart suffers from high engine bay temps which heat soak the intake, making the air charge hotter. The silicone intake from Eurocompulsion reduces heat soak making the air charge cooler than the competition. It is also one of the few intakes that replaces the entire piping on the OEM intake. Most aftermarket intakes still utilize the upper pipe near the firewall, which is known to crack as well as restrict air flow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, "CAI" is short for "Cold Air Induction", and the EC CAI is one of the more popular ones for the Dart. Its main drawback is that it is also probably the most expensive CAI you can buy, especially with the optional ram-air extension. I don't believe that it adds "so much more horsepower" than any other system, or has ever claimed to, but being all silicone it has the advantage of providing much better insulation for the cold air inside the intake from the hot temperatures in the engine bay. Silicone won't conduct heat well at all, and doesn't heat-soak much.

You'd have seen it being discussed a lot more 5-6 years ago, when these forums still had plenty of active build threads and Eurocompulsion (formerly known as HPSI) were an actual supporting vendor. In 2020 the Dart is a long-dead platform that was never very popular, and these forums are now almost exclusively "My Dart has a problem, please help."
The website said 20+ hp

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am currently looking to add CAI to my 2013 dart. I have been back and forth over the mopar, K&N, and the eurocompulsion. It would appear eurocompulsion is the superior brand; from my research. You are correct in you do not see many using them, as most videos I find online are for K&N/Mopar. Wish someone who owned one would take a video and briefly address the install and the product for interested buyers like ourselves.
Yea i dont see how i cant seem to find videos lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just baught the KN. It should be here monday. Thinkin im gonna have tonsend it back and get the EC one. Im curious whybif its so much better whybits the only one like it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got the mopar kit. The box is pretty good at keeping heat off the filter. Problem though is the mopar kit uses the existing intake tube, which is just high temp plastic, i believe. I need a silicone intake tube that will fit the mopar cai box. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts