Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my 2016 Dodge Dart SX with less than 44K miles. The car intermittently starts, hard to start and sometimes doesn't start at all. When it does start some day the whole engine shuts down or shuts down and then hard to start again. I finally had enough and went to a body shop to get a diagnostic test and the Error Code P2172 came up. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
Time to do some diagnosing.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 2.4L / Diagnosis and Testing

P2172-HIGH AIRFLOW/VACUUM LEAK DETECTED (INSTANTANEOUS ACCUMULATION)

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•With the engine running.
•No MAP Sensor, Throttle Body, CMP/CKP Sensor or 5-Volt Reference DTCs.
•P2174 is not present.

Set Conditions:

•The PCM monitors and compares the difference between the actual Map Sensor reading and the calculated Map Sensor model over time. The PCM detects an instantaneous difference between these two values, beyond a calibrated threshold, indicating that there is an air leak in the intake system.

Default Actions:

•The MIL light will illuminate.
•The ETC light will flash.

Possible Causes

VACUUM LEAK
RESTRICTION IN THE EXHAUST SYSTEM
INTERNAL ENGINE MECHANICAL COMPONENTS
RESISTANCE IN THE 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
RESISTANCE IN THE MAP SIGNAL CIRCUIT
RESISTANCE IN MAP SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
MAP SENSOR
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help with my 2016 Dodge Dart SX with less than 44K miles. The car intermittently starts, hard to start and sometimes doesn't start at all. When it does start some day the whole engine shuts down or shuts down and then hard to start again. I finally had enough and went to a body shop to get a diagnostic test and the Error Code P2172 came up. Is anyone else having this problem?
HEY IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUES, DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts