Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
This is my first time posting on here. Yesterday my car wouldn’t start. We added oil and antifreeze ( each were a tad low) and when we went to start it, there was a signal on the dash “engine warming- wait to start”. Has anyone ever seen this before? I looked in my manual and have been browsing for quite some time to see if anyone has experienced this with no luck. I own a 2015 Dart GT. Any experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
There should be a code. Get it scanned.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Try resetting the PCM by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a while. Only loosen the nut on the clamp, do not remove it or you might lose it. It is a special nut with a tapered face that no one has.
It might be a network, body, or chassis code that not every scanner can access. If you can get the alfaOBD android app with the OBDLinkMX scanner, that would be able to read any code.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey all,
This is my first time posting on here. Yesterday my car wouldn’t start. We added oil and antifreeze ( each were a tad low) and when we went to start it, there was a signal on the dash “engine warming- wait to start”. Has anyone ever seen this before? I looked in my manual and have been browsing for quite some time to see if anyone has experienced this with no luck. I own a 2015 Dart GT. Any experience would be appreciated.
I guess this guy has the same issue, but no real resolution. Its all i can find...Crystler 200 2.4L so its basically the same car as the GT.

Some came with a heater block from the factory I know it was in my build sheet. is it possible this could be the culprit?

Edit: To clarify it was on the sheet, but not the car lol

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Both of my Darts have the block heater from the factory and on the build sheets. We only used it once last winter on one of the Darts. Never got a message like that starting the other Dart when it was -30 degrees F. I don't think the electronics even know the block heater is there. I still think there should be a fault code, most likely a network code, prefix U followed by 4 numbers. Many scanners will not read those.
There is an engine coolant temp sensor and an oil temp sensor and those would give a P code if there was a sensor fault. There is a network code that might be the problem.
U110E-LOST AMBIENT TEMPERATURE MESSAGE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I will look into these suggestions and give word back.
  • Also the car has been running for the past two days... no issues so far.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Both of my Darts have the block heater from the factory and on the build sheets. We only used it once last winter on one of the Darts. Never got a message like that starting the other Dart when it was -30 degrees F. I don't think the electronics even know the block heater is there. I still think there should be a fault code, most likely a network code, prefix U followed by 4 numbers. Many scanners will not read those.
There is an engine coolant temp sensor and an oil temp sensor and those would give a P code if there was a sensor fault. There is a network code that might be the problem.
I don't think this would stop the car from operating, it will just report that the external temperature is -40 degrees all the time and operate accordingly. I've never seen this message and have started my trusty 1.4T at -34 degrees Celcius. It wasn't thrilled with that series of events, but it started and ran in a cloud of smoke (it was running extremely rich). I have a block heater (officially they're optional, but it's rare for a Canadian dealer to order a car without it). I think I've only used it once, the day after that -34 start. You really don't need a block heater in southern Ontario where I live, but up north, where I'm from, it's probably good for the car.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The more I think about this message, the more I think this has to do with the temp sensors (ambient air temp, intake air temp, coolant temp, or oil temp) or their wiring. None of those should be preventing starting. This not a diesel engine. I wonder if there are any pending codes or if any running scans would point to the problem.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I didnt see anything on that harness that could connect to anything else other then a 3 prong outlet last night. It just looks like a straight cord with a few clips and a cylinder thingy at the end.
That's kind of surprising in my opinion reason being i could easily see someone forgetting its connected and drive off. Best and most likely case scenario it just unplugs itself leaving your hood open, worst case...well lets not even think about it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts