Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned on my car today and heard this weird sound coming from the dashboard. Noticed that my engine temperature gauge was dead and not moving. Turned my car off after I got to my destination, turned it back on, and everything went back to normal. Anyone know what this could have been?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing just happened to me this morning. Last week check engine light came on and I took it to the dealer to diagnose it. Code P0128 came up. Thermostat rationality stored. it was reading low coolant temps. Thermostat sticking open. I was told it was safe to drive until my appointment to fix it as long as it didn't overheat. Was driving for about half an hour when the temp gage stopped working, temp warning light came on and another red warning light I'm not familiar with came on. I stopped, lifted the hood. no smoke or strange smells no unusual heat rising from the engine. started it back up and it was back to normal. The check engine light was still on but temp gage worked and nothing else was on and engine seemed to run normal. Sure scared the crap out of me. I'd like to know what the strange red light was. it was located just to the right of the speedometer needle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.