Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched on my phone to see if there was already a tread about this but didn't see one so sorry if it's a repost (or miscategorized.) What are the chances of being able to do an engine swap on these darts? Maybe a Subaru or evo motor? I know it's not as simple as plucking out the old one and dropping in the new one but would it even be possible? Would a shop even be able to accomplish something like this?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can see swapping out a bland 2.0 for something else... but why swap out the 1.4T...? It is a great little engine!

300+ horsepower out of a 1.4T is possible and WAY cheaper than a totally new engine with labor cost. With $2,000 you are already easily pushing around 250hp.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Im currently looking into dojng a srt4 swap. I'm just waiting on a couple of calls. To see what pricing would be like....

·
Banned
25 Posts
I can see swapping out a bland 2.0 for something else... but why swap out the 1.4T...? It is a great little engine!

300+ horsepower out of a 1.4T is possible and WAY cheaper than a totally new engine with labor cost. With $2,000 you are already easily pushing around 250hp.
you think our engine can handle 300+ hp? i hope you mean crank. you give me a 1.75 and id swap in a heart beat. im literally maxed out the efficiency and usefulness of my turbo to scrape a 13. besides, how you gonna say that when i read every fiat forum for the Abarth and they have not broken past 240whp. i think your a little off with your "guestimations."
with "2000" in mods you might get to a 14,lol. hell my Drag radials where 400 each. so to buy two of them your down a grand.

if the OP has a 2.0 it be better to just turbo it for the god awful amount he would spend in modification to even allow a 4B11T or a Boxer to be put into this car.

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
you think our engine can handle 300+ hp? i hope you mean crank. you give me a 1.75 and id swap in a heart beat. im literally maxed out the efficiency and usefulness of my turbo to scrape a 13. besides, how you gonna say that when i read every fiat forum for the Abarth and they have not broken past 240whp. i think your a little off with your "guestimations."

if the OP has a 2.0 it be better to just turbo it for the god awful amount he would spend in modification to even allow a 4B11T or a Boxer to be put into this car.
If we are already around 250 hp, then why do you think 300 hp is impossible? This is a new platform that has lots of good times ahead of it. :)

·
Banned
25 Posts
If we are already around 250 hp, then why do you think 300 hp is impossible? This is a new platform that has lots of good times ahead of it. :)
i dont see how it has time ahead when its being taken out of the next gen darts. i havent seen anyone dyno 250WHP. crank maybe but not WHP. and trust me. i want more power. but a fear that 300 is like Icarus flying too close to the sun with wax wings.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
you think our engine can handle 300+ hp? i hope you mean crank. you give me a 1.75 and id swap in a heart beat. im literally maxed out the efficiency and usefulness of my turbo to scrape a 13. besides, how you gonna say that when i read every fiat forum for the Abarth and they have not broken past 240whp. i think your a little off with your "guestimations." with "2000" in mods you might get to a 14,lol. hell my Drag radials where 400 each. so to buy two of them your down a grand. if the OP has a 2.0 it be better to just turbo it for the god awful amount he would spend in modification to even allow a 4B11T or a Boxer to be put into this car.
In regards to the Abarth, I think it has a cooling problem holding it back from bigger numbers.

·
Banned
25 Posts
In regards to the Abarth, I think it has a cooling problem holding it back from bigger numbers.
what makes you think our car is superior to a lighter and faster version of our engine? like i said. i never dyno'd my car and probably never will, but i dont see 300whp being cheap and more efficient then a larger engine. you want to make car mags and be awesome? just get the Fiat 1.8 or 2.0 turbo and swap it in. its unique.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
what makes you think our car is superior to a lighter and faster version of our engine? like i said. i never dyno'd my car and probably never will, but i dont see 300whp being cheap and more efficient then a larger engine. you want to make car mags and be awesome? just get the Fiat 1.8 or 2.0 turbo and swap it in. its unique.
WTF does me saying the Abarth has a cooling problem holding it back from bigger horse power numbers have anything to do with weight?

·
Banned
25 Posts
WTF does me saying the Abarth has a cooling problem holding it back from bigger horse power numbers have anything to do with weight?
WTF does that have any basis in reality when i have seen the abath make better numbers then the dart? even Tork stated he is trying to get over 220WHP on his vendor thread? and he is a miracle worker for these cars.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
WTF does that have any basis in reality when i have seen the abath make better numbers then the dart? even Tork stated he is trying to get over 220WHP on his vendor thread? and he is a miracle worker for these cars.
Oh, I get it, you are "that guy". No reasonable conversation to be found with you. Too bad, because we could be having a good time talking cars right now.

We can start over.

The Abarth gets good numbers, but cooling may be its biggest obstacle to even better numbers. I don't see how that is controversial.

·
Registered
235 Posts
with "2000" in mods you might get to a 14,lol. hell my Drag radials where 400 each. so to buy two of them your down a grand.

Attacking guesstimations with Google knowledge is not much better than a "Guestimation" itself. Nice one :cool2: Our engines already come built with forged internals by the way. So a bigger turbo won't hurt. (Which already bumps you into the 230hp range)

ALSO Pogea Racing has already achieved 332HP out of a European Abarth according to their Instagram.
Instagram

So maybe you should practice on honing your Google-fu just a bit more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
starscream5000
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing