Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone had a similar issue? Engine shakes bad sitting in idle once fully warmed up and drivin for a while can find nothing wrong with the engine fuel trims are on point no engine lights. And engine has ran flawless sence ive owned it now at 93 thousand with zero issues yet just a rough idle i cant figure out. I tested misfires and there is hardly any anyone have similar issues or know of a fix to this ? I know mounts on both sides are fluid mounts wouldn't those leak if they went bad or no? The trans mount is a polyurethane one i bought from deyeme racing so its definitely not that.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I installed the trans mount from deyeme in firm. I do believe it may have caused premature wear/tear on the OEM side mounts. Mine had 1 leaking and the other looked like it was ready to. Its not that much fluid so you wouldn't notice a puddle on the driveway. Most likely its your side mounts going bad.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the trans mount from deyeme in firm. I do believe it may have caused premature wear/tear on the OEM side mounts. Mine had 1 leaking and the other looked like it was ready to. Its not that much fluid so you wouldn't notice a puddle on the driveway. Most likely its your side mounts going bad.
I found that a ground strap was disconnected that grounded the ECU body. I connected that. It fixed my tire pressure sensor issue and smoothened out idle a bit more but it still shakes a little. That pushes my thought to the mounts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wondering if I might as well goto the poly ones for the side mounts too if that is the case that it causes accelerated wear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have anyone had a similar issue? Engine shakes bad sitting in idle once fully warmed up and drivin for a while can find nothing wrong with the engine fuel trims are on point no engine lights. And engine has ran flawless sence ive owned it now at 93 thousand with zero issues yet just a rough idle i cant figure out. I tested misfires and there is hardly any anyone have similar issues or know of a fix to this ? I know mounts on both sides are fluid mounts wouldn't those leak if they went bad or no? The trans mount is a polyurethane one i bought from deyeme racing so its definitely not that.
Have you checked the three engines and transmission mount could be bad, broke, cracked, or even loose!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked the three engines and transmission mount could be bad, broke, cracked, or even loose!
Theres only 2 engine mounts and one transmission if you read my first post i have the poly mount for the transmission and i fixed the problem wasnt any of my mounts

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart sxt rallye
46 Posts
Hey I might have had the same problem 2.4 sxt I had to redo my ground wire from my battery I can take pictures in the morning but when I turned her over my car didn't have nearly as rough idle shaking it was pretty good for blown engine mounts here a post I found on the forms helped me out Ground Wires - My thoughts after installation

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I might have had the same problem 2.4 sxt I had to redo my ground wire from my battery I can take pictures in the morning but when I turned her over my car didn't have nearly as rough idle shaking it was pretty good for blown engine mounts here a post I found on the forms helped me out Ground Wires - My thoughts after installation
I was able to fix it i already had the grounds done a while back when i filp flopped between ECUS i forgot to reattach the ground strap that attaches to the body of the ECU now that i did that idle is fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts