Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Apologies if I’m slow with some lingo here as I’m not super car savvy, but I have a 2016 Dodge Dart SE. The car had a check engine light come on at about 108,000 miles for a ‘Engine oil pressure sensor/switch’. I naturally took this to my mechanic after a little research, so he ended up replacing the part after just seeing how the car was for a day. After 15 minutes of test driving done by my mechanic, and 15 minutes on idle, the engine light didn’t shut off with the new part being installed. Mechanic cleared the code and drove for 10 miles, and it didn’t come back on.
Went to pick up the car this evening and as soon as I started the car the light came on. I had him clear the code and thought it could be just tied up in the computers memory and will take a few drives to solve, however I don’t think that is the case considering the car has been started twice more and the engine light has stayed on.

any questions I’ll gladly answer to the best of my ability

also the engine part being replaced was referenced from the code being sent off originally via the engine. Which has remained the same, even after a replacement part installment

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Exactly what is the number of the code? Several possibilities:
P0520-ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT
P0521-ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE
P0522-ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW
P0523-ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Are you sure the correct sensor was replaced? It could also be the wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part that happened to be replaced will be shown below

as for the wiring, I was told that everything was snug with no loose connections or any of the sort

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The part with the red threadlocker is the oil temp sensor. The part with the #13 is the oil pressure sensor. Which part was replaced? You are showing both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me take the car back to my mechanic to find out - I’ll give you an update within a few hours

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The part with the red threadlocker is the oil temp sensor. The part with the #13 is the oil pressure sensor. Which part was replaced? You are showing both.
I talked with my mechanic and he will be taking another look at the car on Monday. I was told the part he replaced had to be accessed from underneath the car with removal of a wheel (if I heard him correctly). However, the part needing replaced I believe is located on the passenger side towards the windshield of the car -roughly 2-4 inches below the motor cover. Is this correct?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Yes, that is correct. The problem is that even the FSM is ambiguous. In the description, it says:
"The oil pressure sensor is located on the right front side of the cylinder head. The oil pressure sensor is a three wire sensor."
But then in the removal procedure, it uses the pic from the 2.4 engine, which on the 2.0 is where the oil temp sensor is located. It very clearly says the engine cover needs to be removed to get to it. If your mechanic is using alldata, it likely has the same confusing pic.
Make sure your mechanic is looking on the head and not the block for the oil pressure sensor. The oil temp sensor has a two wire connector.
I will see if I can get a pic from my Dart. It's not an easy location.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Okay, from the FSM description:

And here it is with the engine cover removed and it's on the mirror:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts