Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap out my long bolt style 2.4L engine cover, for the 2015 stud style shorty cover. Does anyone know exactly what I need to do the swap?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm looking to swap out my long bolt style 2.4L engine cover, for the 2015 stud style shorty cover. Does anyone know exactly what I need to do the swap?
you have bolts on your '14 2.4 cover? mine just pops on. the only bolt ons I've seen on the 2.4 are the '15's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weird. It varies depending on trim level maybe? Either that or factory it was built at. All I know is that mine burns with the new header on because of how far it protrudes over the exhaust.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I believe the GT's have the larger engine cover. My '15 GT has the large cover where my gf's '14 Limited has the short cover.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have 2013 se and after you unbolt the air filter and throttle body then it pops out is that what you guys are talking about ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 14 GT with the smaller pop on cover.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My 14 GT was built in September of 13 and I have the large bolt on cover.

·
Registered
224 Posts
'13 GT bought October of '13 and I've got the larger bolt on cover (collecting dust in my basement).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
aaronc222
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing